chapter 43 | the sneak out

(Alexis' POV)

" I want a divorce. " I whispered, slamming my fist softly, on Noah's desk.

He took off his earphones and dragged me outside of their office.

" Are you crazy bringing that up while everyone's in the room?! " He whispered-yelled.

" Everyone has their headphones on. They're writing scripts. " I said normally. Of course, Shayne was there, working in the back of Noah so he didn't see me come in.

" I'm serious. I want a divorce. " I repeated myself. " Yes, I got that part. What the hell do you want me to do? " He asked.

" Accept the offer and come with me to sign the legal divorce papers? " He inhaled and exhaled deeply, and nodded his head.

" At lunch. Come pick me up, we'll go. " He said and returned inside.

I smiled, this was a step closer to getting back with Shayne. Having no legal relationship attachement towards Noah.

" What are you doing missing school? " I heard Wes coming to me from my left side. " Holiday? " I shrugged innocently.

" Made up with Shayne yet? " He asked me as we walked towards the elevators. " No, we still haven't spoken. " I told him, he gave me a sad look. " Sorry, I didn't mean it. "

" It's okay, you didn't know. " I smiled, pressing the elevator button. " Go to school instead of roaming around the office. " He chuckled, messing up my hair with his hand.

" No, you didn't. " Mari was in the elevator, waiting to get out with Sohinki. " Hi Alexis. " He said awkwardly, getting out of the elevator. He stood by the door to join Wes, waiting for Mari.

" We have to talk about something, really quick. I'll be back in a few minutes. " She told Sohinki, pulling me into the elevator. " Here, you came here to talk to him. What if Shayne saw you with Noah?! "

" He didn't. " I pressed on the button to reach the reception. " But if he did? "

" Look, I know what I'm doing okay? We're going at lunch. Then I can tell Shayne everything. " I said as we reached the main floor. " Just trust me. "

(Authors' POV)

Alexis headed back to school after stopping by the office. She made it for half of her first period and the whole second one before it was lunch. On the other hand, the office ran quiet. No one was filming, mainly editing.

" Was that Lexi? " Shayne said, turning around to Olivia, Courtney and Keith, as he saw her reflection in his computer screen when Noah left.

" I think it was just Sarah. " Courtney answered, going back to her work. Weird, he thought. He could have sworn it was his ex/current/distanced/something girlfriend.

He didn't let it bother him since he needed to finish editing the video before the end of day so he went back to work.

Soon enough, it was lunch time.

" You guys want to go eat at the little café down the street? " Shayne asked. Everyone nodded except for Noah. " Sorry, I have an appointement. " and he ran out, quickly.

The rest of the Squad joined some of the Smosh Games members at the front of the office, as they waited to cross the street.

" Hey look, there's Noah. " Lasercorn said, pointing out to Noah getting into a familiar car for the most of them. " Wait, that's Lexi's car. " Anthony said, as they drove off.