chapter 63 | the visitor

" Shayne? " He sat up from the bed.

" What are you doing here? " He asked. " I'd ask you the same thing. " Alexis told him. He sighed and look at her.

" I'm, uh, I'm, " He blanked. " Well, there's no point of hiding it. I'm here taking care of Em. " He said, straight forward. " That's not your job to do. She has nurses and residents for that. "

" Lexi, she needed someone from her real life. " He told her, " You thought you were that person? " She let out a small laugh. " Well, you weren't necessarily there to answer their calls for you to come see her. "

She wanted argue back but he was right. She did get those calls and she did decline them all.

" Plus, you did put as a secondary sponsor on her profile. And well, here I am. " He said. " How long have you been doing this? " She asked him, as she looked around the room.

There were a few pictures on the wall of her and Emily, but there were many more of him and her with llamas and at carnivals, etc. There were drawings that Emily did and there was even a picture of Emily and Shayne in a class.

" About three to four weeks now. " He said, casually. She couldn't believe her ears right now. " Weeks?! " He nodded his head as he made a space for her to sit on the bed.

" I had no idea. " She sat down in awe. " That's why I'm so busy lately. I run off to get things for her. " He looked around the room as it was much more decorated than the first time he saw her.

" You didn't have too. " Alexis told him, getting her wallet out of her purse. He stopped her from getting the money, " She became my safe place. Besides, she's like a little sister to me now, I'm just being a good older brother. "

She put away her wallet, sighing at the genuine kindness that is Shayne. She looked at him in awe as he really took pride in what he was doing for her.

" How is she? " She made herself comfy on the bed. " She's good. She was diagnosed with anxiety but she's doing good with therapy. "

" I'm a terrible sister. I wasn't even here for her when they diagnosed her. " She put her face in her hands in embarassement. " Don't say that. You're just busy. "

" I'm not busy, I was just afraid to see her since our breakup. She really liked you and I was too afraid to tell her you were gone from her life just like all the other men in her life. "

Alexis was almost in tears at how dumb she acted towards this situation. She almost pushed her sister out of her life.

" Don't worry about it. Come see her. She misses you. A lot. Asks about you a lot. " He reassured her. " She does? " She asked, looking at him. " Every breakfast. "

" How long do you stay here? " She asked him, " I'll come three times a week and fridays, I'll sleep over for the weekend. "

" Shayne, wow. " She was speechless. He had slept over more than she did in the past 7 years. " Thank you. So much for caring for her. "

" Hey, it's no problem. She's been a blessing in my life. " He smiled. She laid her head on his shoulder as a sign of compassion and a sign of how thankful she was towards him.

" She's also doing well, in school. " Alexis groaned and flopped back on the bed. " Tell me everything I've missed! " Shayne laughing as he laid down beside her to talk.

" Hey, there's our little boyyy!! " Keith shot a Nerf gun at him as a welcoming. " What have you guys been doing all day? "

" Besides rehearsing our lines? Nothing. We're missing two, well now one, member so we couldn't film much. " Keith propping his feet up on his desk. " How was the appointement? "

" Good! We saw her move and even, heard the heartbeat! " Noah said in amazement. " Wow! That must be life changing! " Courtney joined in on the conversation.

" It was. It was crazy. I just, it felt so real and it made realize how precious a life is. " He smiled, getting his scripts from his desk. " So, which videos were we filming? "

" Hey, quick question, where is Lexi? Wasn't she supposed to be in this EBE? " Olivia asked looking up from her phone. " I dropped her back at home. I didn't know she was filming today? "

Olivia gestured for Courtney to come see what she was looking at. She looked down at her phone and it was open on her instagram app. It was boomerang of Alexis and Shayne laying in a bed, making duck faces and sticking their tongues out at each other.

" What are you guys lookin- oh. " Keith stopped himself from speaking as he made his way towards them and saw the post too. " Damn. That's something. "

" Means nothing, right ? " Olivia whispered. " Why are they in a bed, looking like at each other like that though? " Keith asked. " What are you guys gossiping about? "

Noah came behind them and the pictures as well. They all looked at him, curious at his reaction.

" Is that our bed? " He looked closely at the post. Bummer that you can't zoom in on a video. " No, no of course not. He left earlier this morning. I'm sure you would have seen him arrive? "

" Hey, he posted one too. " Olivia said, refreshing her feed. It was another boomerang of them, still in bed but this time both winking at the camera.

" I'm not gonna go there. I'm not gonna be a jealous boyfriend. " He took a deep breath, standing up straight. " They're literally in a bed together. "

" Means nothing! " Noah exclaimed, handing Olivia her phone back. " It's okay, we would understand. I mean you all have a history. "

" So this video? " He completly switched the subjects, now.

" Hum, we were actually doing the livestream with Smosh Games. Wanna join? " They said, quickly changing the conversation for him.

Noah's attitude definitely changed throughout the day. He was cheery because of the news of his baby but once he saw the posts of Shayne and Lex, he was less joyful.

Funny how the tables have turned.