chapter 53 | the taste of revenge

(Alexis' POV)

I get that he was upset. And I get that he was mad. But really? How low and spiteful do you have to be to do send a picture, nop, he did worse, A VIDEO of you basically having sex with a blond that looked exactly like me.

I walked over to their shared house, not trusting myself enough to drive there. I wasn't mad that he did it, he's single, he can do what he wants. I was angry that he sent to me.

I knocked on the door, correction I banged on the door, very loudly. The door opened almost inmediately.

" Where is he? " I asked, letting myself in. " He's still in bed. " I looked down at the floor and realised their was an extra pair of shoes, high heels.

" He's with her, isn't he? " Keith closed the door and looked at me. " He really sent you the picture, did he? "

" Worse, he sent me a video of him in bed with her. " I handed him my phone with our text messages open. Keith's reaction was shocked, a bit disgusted too. I don't blame him.

" Tell him that he's an asshole. If he's doing this out of spite or to get revenge, then he's an idiot. I'm glad I broke up. " The anger boiling inside of me.

" Lexi, he was drunk.. Give him a chan- a chance? Seriously Keith? " I cut him off. " He was upset about the snaps of you and Noah. "

" But I didn't send them directly to him! Being drunk isn't an excuse to have no respect for someone! " I argued. " Even if he was upset, the last thing to do is to find someone who looks just like me and sleep with her and send it to me. It proves that he's just using her to fill my space. "

" Calm down, breathe. " I didn't realise that I was hypervenalating. I was just rambling and the anger was present inside of me that I just kept screaming.

" I have to go. Just, give him this. " I got out a box from my purse and handed to Keith. " Tell him that my feelings didn't change for him until now. "

I walked out the door, slamming it by anger, stomping my feet on the gravel. How inconsidirate could he be? How stupid was it for me to fall for someone with so much anger built up from past fights that- I can't even think straight.

I walked home, calming myself on the way. I took my keys out of my purse and headed to my car. There was only one place that was my safe place, and that's where I was gonna stay for a bit.

(Shayne's POV)

I woke up by the front being slammed shut? I'm not sure. I sat up from my bed and rubbed my eyes, looking at the time.

The bed moved as this blond girl shifted beside me.

Lexi?

I lifted the covers off her face annnnnd.... Nope. Just a blonde girl. Oh, the blonde girl from the club. It's true.

Keith opened the door without knocking, startling the both of us.

" Look cutie, you gotta go. " He woke her up. " Don't be rude, she's my guest. " I looked down at her. She has a small hickey on her neck. Oups.

" Lexi dropped by this morning. " My head snapped right back to him. " She did? "

" Who's Lexi? " The blonde girl beside me sat and revealed her shirtless body. Both me and Keith looked away, well not like I didn't see it before, but I looked away still. I grabbed the floral dress thing on the floor and handed it to her.

" His girlfriend. " Keith answered. She put on her clothes and looked at me. " Ex-girlfriend. " I corrected him. " Oh wow, so I was just someone so you can get revenge with. " She stood up, fixing her dress. " Don't ever call me. "

" Never got your number. " She pushed past Keith and out of my room. " Forget my name! " She yelled from the hallway. " Never got her name either. One night stands, man. Can you believe her? "

Keith looked at me with a look that you can't forget. It was a look of betrayal, disbelief and curious all in one.

" Who are you? " He asked me. I put on some clothes on as he stayed my door. " I'm Shayne, did you suddenly get amnesia? " I chuckled.

" No, you're not. You don't have one night stands. Ever. Even worse you don't do it then send it to your ex-girlfriend. Who are you? "

" What? " I asked him as soon as he said that. I looked for my phone around the room. " You don't remember? You hooked up with that Alexis look alike and you sent her a video! "

" She does not look like her. " I said, finding my phone under the bed. I looked at my messages and looked at my conversation with Lexi.

" I guess I did send her a video. " What was I thinking?

" She also told me to give you this. " He threw me a box. He still stood by door, waiting for a reaction I'm guessing.

" She then proceeded to say that her feelings didn't change for you until, well today. " I sighed. I understand why.

I opened it and saw a picture frame with a note and and a smaller box. I shook the smaller one slightly and there was a small rattling sound.

But it was that specific rattling that made me realise what it was. " No, no, no, no, no. "

I took out the note and it read :

Dear Shayne,
I cannot believe we've been together for 6 months. It's crazy how time flies. Even after everything that happens between us, we always seem to find each other at the end of the path. I'm so happy to have met you, you're my true love. Here's to half a year! Hope to make it to a year.
Love always, your little lexi

It was a framed picture of the first official night as a couple. Actually, it was the first picture of us together ever.

She gave me this for our 6th month anniversarry. I was out of town so she didn't get to give it to me. She said she would wait till our seventh month to give to me, I guess we never made it.

" What is it? " Keith asked from the door way. I held the letter near to me, sighing as I realize my mistakes. " It's hum, the picture from Ian's birthday. "

I felt myself getting a little choked up. I'm so stupid.

" I meant the small box. " I almost forgot it was there. I took it out of the bigger box and took a deep breath. I knew what it was. I gave it to her just a few weeks ago.

" It's, wow, a ring. " I almost whispered. I took it in my hands and held back the tears. " Any meaning? "

" Yeah, " I paused, letting the tear fall out of my eye, " I, ugh, I promised her that I would always protect her and love her with this. " Keith came to my side gave me a pat on the back, realizing I was crying.

" I guess I've failed her. "