chapter 70 | the drop in the ocean

(A/N: bare with me, a lot of things are going to happen here until the end of the story [not even sure when I'm going to finish it but there is gonna be a conclusion sometime] SOOOOoooooOOOoooo I hope you guys enjoy where I'm taking the story and thank you for reading!)

" Shayne! Open the door! "

[no response]

" SHAYNE, HELP! "

Mari continuously banged on his front door while screaming bloody murder. It was the day of his house warming party and she was the only one to have noticed.

" Christ, what's going o- " Shayne jumped to help Mari. He didn't need to ask her what was wrong, he could see it.

" Oh my god, " Anthony gasped from the door as well.

" I can't believe you did this. " Mari said under breath, absolutely pissed and angry at the situation.

How did no one else realized it?

" Did you guys really not se- NO! I would have done something! It's my sister! " Anthony exclaimed as they tried to help Mari.

Mari was holding onto Alexis, who was passed out on his front porch.

" Mari, you know she can't drink! " Keith was in a panic. Shayne lifted her from her arms and ran inside.

Everybody at the party, now realizing the commotion and running to the rescue.

" You think I don't know that! " Mari screamed in the background, as she followed him behind.

" Noah! " Anthony yelled out for him to help Shayne. " Oh my god, Lex! "

Shayne knew what happened. He realized she did it as soon she left, last night. She said she would fix her problem, and she did it the only way she knew how.

She was just really drunk and that's why he wasn't doing anything.

" Shayne, why aren't you doing anything? " Noah in a panic, looking from behind of him. Shayne was a handy one of the Squad, he would know what to do. But he didn't move one bit. He just stared at her.

" Cause I'm mad at her. " He said, stepping away from her body. " It's not a reason to let her die! "

Noah moved Shayne aside and tried to do mouth to mouth. As if that was gonna help.

But, that's when he tasted the vodka on her lips.

" What the hell. " He pulled away and took a sniff of her hair. She reeked of cigarettes and alcohol.

She started to choke on her own breath that she took as she was starting to wake up, making her cough and startling the ones around her.

Flitz came running in with some water to hand to them, and try and help out. But, she was drunk. Absolutely drunk. The frat girl in her was present. You can't help drunk Lexi.

" I'm gonna take her home. " Noah said, taking her in the bridal position. " Noooooo, I want Shayne. " She slurred, removing herself from his grasp. She held onto Anthony's arm at first, but she soon realized that wasn't the right person.

" No, I really think Noah should take you. " He said, repositioning her infront of her fiancé. She shook her head. " I'll take her! "

Mari spoke from the crowd. They helped her put Alexis onto her back to bring into her car, up front.

" Donnnnn't tell him. " She managed to say, before Mari shut the car door. " I really think you should take her, before Noah gets mad at you. " Mari said, looking at Shayne who helped her get Alexis into the car.

" I'm not too sure I want to leave all of you in my house alone. "

" Are you sure that you want to be the one to tell them about why she is drinking while she's pregnant? " Mari warned, as she looked back at the few people outside his front porch. They were all staring as they talked.

" Keys. " He put his hand out and she handed him her keys.

" Good luck. " He said, opening the driver's side. " You too. " He got into the car and fixed the mirrors.

" I can't believe you nearly drank yourself to death. " He told Alexis, but she was still half unconscious. 

" I'm sad. " She whispered but he heard her. " It's not a reason to drink while people don't know, yet, Alexis. " 

She always seemed to sober up whenever we mentioned her full name. And that's what she did when Shayne said it. She sat up from her seat. He saw her in the rearview mirror and realized she was mad. 

" You're one talk about secret. " She missed out on a few of her words, but he understood. He pulled into a parking space so he could talk to her. Don't drive when you're angry, kids.

" What the hell is that supposed to mean? " He turned towards her. " You. You, you like me. " 

He widened his eyes. 

" Don't hide it. We can all know that. " She tried to say. 

" Mari, what the hell. " Noah scolded Mari as soon Shayne drove off. 

" I know, I know. She's being stupid. " Mari shook her head, going back inside. " I think we should go. " Flitz shrugged, looking at the rest of the people who were there. 

" I think it's best. You guys can talk about it. " Joven look back and forth between Anthony, Mari and Noah. 

" Can you tell the others not to show up then? " Joven nodded his head and they all left awkwardly. " I swear, I'll tell you what happens, later. " 

" But first you have to tell us, what the actual fuck, was that. " Anthony swore. He was that upset. He almost never swore, only when he was mad. 

" Shayne just told me this morning, I'm still in shock myself! " 

" Tell you what? " Both of the boys yelled at her.  " I really don't want to tell you this. " 

" Mari, I beg you please. " Noah already knew the answer that was going to be told. He wasn't stupid. He knows Alexis.

" Noah, " She paused, her heart already breaking for him, " She lost the baby. "