chapter 33 | the instagram picture

" Dude, tell me it's not true. " Noah begged, looking up from his phone, the following day.

" They've been on a few dates, now. " Keith answered from the bed. Olivia was getting ready in her room, going to meet up afterwards.

Noah was looking at the his instagram feed. The Smosh Squad were posting pictures from a party they went too. Two specific pictures stood out to Noah. Shayne's & Alexis'. They posted the same picture of them two laughing in a sweet embrace, with a caption of only a red heart.

" And you've failed to mention it to me? " Noah asked, throwing his phone on the bed beside Keith. " You had Ashley. I thought you wouldn't care. "

And it was true. He did have her. But when Noah broke up with her, it didn't occur to Keith that it should matter. Of course to Keith, he thought he had moved on from Alexis.

" She's my best friend, of course I want to know this. " He shrugged. " Not much of a best friend, you guys haven't spoken in almost 3 months. " Noah sighed.

That was also true. When Alexis left, she never answered his calls and one day, he stopped trying. They hadn't spoken in months.

There was a knock at the door and Keith screamed 'it's open' for Olivia to come in.

" She wouldn't answer my calls, what was I supposed to do? Quit the movie and fly back to see her? " He asked his best friend. " If you truly cared for her like you told me you did, yes, you should have. "

He looked at Keith like he was crazy. " For a girl? Really? " Keith sat up from his laying position, closing the tv. " It's not just a girl to you, and you know that. It's Alexis. "

" Exactly. It's just Alexis, Anthony's little sister, like my boss Anthony. " Keith was about to slap him.

" You don't cuddle with just any girl. You don't have lovey dovey pictures on your phone with just any girl. You don't run away from your problems with the girl that caused you those problems. " Olivia told him, now aware of the conversation going on.

" And all of it was wrong, I shouldn't have done that. " He sat on the bed, thinking about what he was saying. In his head, he kept telling himself that it was all wrong. But deep down, he enjoyed every moment with Alexis.

" Wrong? Wrong? You're kidding, right? " He paused, " Noah, she was about to give up school for you. She was giving up her life to be with you, for your career, she was ready to leave her life in Cali for you. Didn't you ever realised that? You really think that was all wrong for her to do ? Because to her, you weren't just a boy. "

Noah took in everything he had just told him. He was so stupid to not have realised it. From running away from Anthony after he told her that he wasn't a good guy, to leaving school the second he needed someone to fly to New York with him. How did not realise it ?

" I have to go back home. I have to see her. I have to apologize! " Noah said, frantically running around the room. Keith stopped him and sat him back down on the bed.

" You can't! It's too late. " Keith tried to talk some reality back into him. " No! I have to do something! Keith, why aren't you helping me? "

" Because Noah. She's happy with Shayne, now. And if you go back to beg for her, you just look like a jealous guy. "

" I didn't like her! We were together for publicity! I wanted nothing else than her to be Alexis, I can't stop thinking about wanting Alexis. Keith, help me. " He was helpless. He put the fear he had of Anthony in the way of his life and now he regrets it completly.

" There's nothing you can do now. It's too late. " Keith didn't like breaking the news to his best friend but no one else was going to do it.

" You're not going to break them, she's really happy right now. " Olivia said softly. " You can't. They just made it official yesterday. Don't ruin this for her. " She mentioned. " Or him. "

" They made it official? " Keith asked. " Yeah, Court called me while I was getting ready. He asked her to be his girlfriend yesterday and that's the picture they posted. " She smiled.

Noah didn't react, he didn't flinch, he didn't do anything. He just took in the information that they had told him. He was upset but he knew it was all himself to blame. For leaving, for not being honest with her.

" Just give it up, Noah. There's no turning back now. "

" Morning girlfriend. " Shayne said to Alexis as she started to flutter her eyes open. " Morning Shayne. "

He frowned. " I'm kidding. " She chuckled, pecking his lips. " Morning boyfriend. " He pulled her into a tight embrace.

" I'm gonna enjoy hearing that. " She cuddled into him even more. " I'm gonna enjoy being it. " Both smiled as they enjoyed each other's company.

" You know the fans are kind of going crazy over our pictures from last night, right? " He asked her. She said a faint yes into his chest, sighing as she pulled away.

" Drunk us already confirmed the relationship that they didn't even know was happening. " She said, bitting her inner cheek. " The comments have been a bit, rough to see. "

" It's okay. Sooner or later, they're gonna realise I'm the girl that he's been talking about. Like Ian said, you guys can't control him anymore. " She truly started to believe that he did change, I mean with everything that everyone had said, it was true, right?

She looked up at Shayne, since he was prompted on his elbows on the bed. " Besides, with you by side, I know everything will be alright. "

" I won't let anyone hurt you. " He said, leaning in for another kiss.