chapter 89 | the mother

The next following days, they were sore. Their bodies ached and they were already covered in bruises.

" We might beat you guys up, but at least we bring you something to eat. " Isabelle brought the two of them a box of pizza. For a certain amount of time, they would untie one of their hands and let them eat a proper meal. 

The father followed with two bottles of water and napkins. " You also have to keep the room clean, since you rich people don't want to live in your own filth. " 

" We're not rich. " Alexis mumbled, " What did you say ? " He took her face in his large hands and pinched her, " Did you just talk back to me? " 

She winced in pain and shook her head. " No sir. " He let go of her harshly and walked back out. 

" You watched them and make sure she doesn't have a foul mouth like that ever again. " He said. Alexis knew that it was time for another beating. But, she felt a bit safer because it came from her mother. Well, from the woman. Not sure if she could call her her own mother. 

He left the room, locking it behind him. 

" You know what to do, Lexi. " Isabelle looked at her. She nodded her head, taking a bit of the pizza and started sobbing loudly. 

" I'm sorry for misbehaving! " She screamed. It pained the two others to watched her fake this but it covered up the conversation they were having. 

" Why did you leave them? " Shayne asked in a whisper. " He took me to this place because he didn't like that they loved me more than him. " She answered quietly, shielding her eyes as Alexis attempted to make herself bleed from the nose. 

" You should have called the police. " He took a bite of pizza, pretending not to hear Alexis yell. " I couldn't. He had his friends, Emily's new parents, watching me. " She explained. 

" For the 5 years he was in jail, I had letters sent to me to prepare this place for the day we would take you. " She added. 

" Look, " She gave him a small piece of paper in his hand, " Hide this. But I have a plan to get us all out of here. Look at this when she's asleep, okay? " 

The door handle wiggled and Isabelle rushed to Alexis and slapped her, before the door opened fully. 

" It's good to see you coming to my side, sweetheart. " Craig kissed Isabelle's temple. " I knew all of this hard work would pay off. " He took her hand forcefully and dragged her out of the room. 

" Shayne, I can't do this anymore. " She cried as she threw her pizza back in the box. " Lexi, stay strong. Your mom has a plan, please just keep it up. You're doing great. " He said, trying to hand her a napkin for her bloody nose. 

" I'm going through everything I used too and I want nothing more than to - No, Lexi. You're not going to say it or do it. Stay alive. " He said. He was able to move a bit closer and held her hand. He drew circles on the palm of her hand and it comforted her a little bit. 

" Just a few more hours, maximum a day, okay? Your mom is going to help us. " 

" Noah, " Olivia smiled as she opened the door to a tired but a new haired Noah, " You look good, boo. " She hugged him tightly. 

Today, they were hanging out at Ian's house. 

He changed his hair to ice cream while in rehab, it gave him a new perspective in life, a new skin to change his mind. 

" You look healthy. " Wes patted him on the back. " I feel healthier. " He followed Wes to the main room where everyone was. Everybody smiled happily at the return of the young one. He seemed better, happier and at peace. 

" Glad to have you back, bud. " Lasercorn said, playing with his new hair. He gave him a pat on the back and sat down on the couch with the rest of them. 

No one talked really, they were still in shock. Actually, they were all in the denial and emotional stage of a death. 

Anthony and Miel came walking in, with a few pamphlets and handed it out to the crew. 

They all looked down at the paper in their hands, and an immense sighing was heard throughout the room. 

" It's the program for their funeral. " Miel said, as if they didn't already realize it. " We'll have it this saturday night. " She added. 

Anthony stayed neutral and kept staring at the picture of the two. 

He had cried all the tears in his body already that nothing came out anymore. He was so expressionless that it looked like it didn't bother him anymore. 

" We'll have a candle light visual for the fans on sunday. " Anthony spoke to them, for the first time in a few days. 

He turned back and walked back into Ian's guest bedroom. 

" I feel like it's so soon. " Ian said, as he looked back down at the programming for the service. " I still don't believe it, though. " 

" Well, believe it, Flitz. This saturday, you'll have to believe it. It's their funeral, there's nothing you can do about it anymore. " Courtney said with soft voice. She didn't want to seem rude but they had already accepted it. They just thought that Flitz had a harder time accepting it. 

They were so wrong. 

Shayne didn't know what time it was. There was no windows in the room they were in. Just a cushions flooring and boring paintings on the walls. 

Alexis was fast asleep. And that's when he remembered, the paper. 

He took it out of his pocket and scanned the paper roughly. He smiled at the plan that Isabelle had given him. All he had to do left, was wait it out and act if he never knew.