chapter 20 | the return

(Alexis' POV)

Well, everything was back to the way it was. When we came back from NYC, Noah and I parted ways. He went to see Keith and I went back home.

To my surprise, Miel had opened the door and she was pleasantly surprised to see me. She thought it was their pizza they ordered. Anthony was very surprised, considering the fact he literally twirled me around a bunch of times.

The return was good, to say the least. We didn't talk about the events but we knew that it was past us, and he was just being a protective brother. Which I get. He apologized for what he said and what he did, and all was forgiven.

Noah decided to go back to work the following monday that we came home. He didn't go back full time yet because he was still a bit traumatised from the fight. Anthony said it was okay if he came in just 3 times a week.

Speaking about him, the one thing that bugged me when I got back was that Noah and I stopped hanging out. I mean, since the last night in New York, we didn't really talk much. He seemed distant.

I know I shouldn't make a big deal out of it because we aren't dating or anything. But we kinda just faded apart. Maybe it was because we spent too much time together, and we just needed a small break.

" Heading to school yet, sis? " Anthony asked, as I packed my lunch. I had finally gotten my acceptance letter to a school to finish it. Though, it wasn't gonna be a real senior year, I would still be able to get my diploma.

" Yep. Want a ride? " I asked him. He nodded his head and took his bag and we went off.

" Noah's coming back full time today. " I told him. " Oh yeah? " He said, looking my direction. " Well, that's what he said. "

" What happened back in New York? Why did you guys go there? " He asked suddenly. I wasn't sure if I was suppose to tell him the truth or I should make up something. I'm sure Noah would probably tell him sooner or later, right?

" Noah had a audition, actually. So, we kinda just flew out there for that. " Anthony looked a little taken back. " Wow, he was gonna leave Smosh foreal? " I shook my head.

" I don't think so, but he really thought you were gonna fire him so he immediately looked for a job. " I said, pulling up infront of the Smosh headquarters.

" Do you know if he got the part? " I bit my lip, unsure. " I haven't spoken to him since we returned. But I don't think so, he would have had to fly back to New York by now. "

" Ma'am, you're blocking the way. " A constructor worker tapped on my window, startling us. " If you want a ride home, let me know. I'll come get you after school. " I said, as he got out of my car.

I did a small u-turn to get back on main road to head to school. On my drive there, my phone rung. I pressed the answer button on my radio station almost immediately as I saw Noah's name pop up on the screen.

" Hey Noah. How are you? "

" Are you busy at all today? "

" Hmm, I have school for a few hours. Why? "

" Do you have to go? "

" Kind of. Why? What's up? "

" I got the part, Lex. "

I breaked my car so hard, literally was so glad there was nobody behind me because someone would have had crashed into me.

" Either you're so happy for me or someone drives like a dumb ass. "

Nope. None of those.

" I thought you said you were gonna go back to work, today. " I continued driving, hoping my breaks weren't broken.

" I thought about it. And I was. But then, I got the call and I.. I just gave Ian my resignation letter. "

If my breaks didn't get broken from the last sudden break, then they definetely did now. What the hell was he thinking?

" You're kidding, right? " I asked him, completly shocked.

" No, I'm serious. Wait, aren't you happy? " I could definetely feel my car not being able to break anymore. It was good thing I was pulling up to my school, right about now.

" Noah, that's great. And I know this is what you wanted. But, we talked about it. You said you were gonna go back to Smosh because you truly love the things you do there, the experience. "

" Is your car okay? Lots of dumb drivers on the road. "

" Don't skip my questions. But, yeah. I just pulled up into my school. I don't think I'll be able to go home. " I said, parking my car. Trying to, at least.

" I'll come get you a few minutes. You're my someone to go to New York. "

" Noah, I can't just miss school. "

" So you're saying no to another Lex and Noah trip? "

I was tempted to go. And I mean, it's Noah. The one I've been dying to hang with out again. But, if I were to fly off with him, I'd be supporting his decision and Anthony would be upset.

" Please? " I could almost feel his puppy face through the phone and I couldn't resist it.

" Fine. But, if Anthony asks why I'm missing, you're the one to explain. " I unparked my car and went back to the main road.

He gulped, " Deal. "