chapter 39 | the screams

" Noah, " she said, her breath cut almost immdediately at the figure that was standing in front of her. " You're back. "

Her stomach was churning, her mind went crazy, she couldn't think straight anymore.

" I'm sorry " He broke down, " I'm so fucking sorry that I didn't do anything when you were with me, I'm sorry I didn't realise you were giving up your life for me. "

He dropped to his knees in front of her. He didn't think he would be this upset, he thought he could just apologize but he didn't think he would breakdown.

She didn't want her neighbors to see so she told him to come in, but she also didn't want him either. Mainly cause Shayne was sleeping in her room.

" You're 3 months too late. " She said softly, taking a step away from him. " Lex, I'm sorry. I let my fear of your brother take over us. "

" There was no us. There was never gonna be an us, you always said I was nothing but you're best friend. " She almost let it out as a small scream, but she kept calm.

" I only told you that because of Anthony! " He snapped, now slowly realising his mistakes.

" Again, with the brother excuses. If you truly cared about me, you would have fought for me! "

" And get beaten up by your brother everyday? "

" He wouldn't haven't beaten you up, you could have talk to him, like he tried to do for days after we left. He wanted to talk to you so bad, but you were too busy to even pick up your phone. "

" Because I was busy, being with you. " He looked at her, " Wanting to please you! "

" You're a little late for that, aren't you? "

" Alexis.. " he said with a sweet tone in his voice.

" Don't do that, " She warned him. " Do what? Be sorry for what I did? " he asked her.

" No, don't be here. You can't just pop back into my life when I'm happy, " She paused, " Happy without you. You can't ruin me again. I'm not giving you the power to do that, anymore. " She started to cry.

It took all in him to not hold her as she cried, he missed being able to do that. But he knew well that she was Shayne's now. He didn't want to piss him off more than he thinks he already did.

" I tried to call you so many times when you left, you didn't even tell me you were leaving, not a text or a note. Shouldn't I be mad at you for that? " He genuienly asked her, switching the cries onto her.

" Mad? Mad? You dragged me with you! " She made her comment a little more dramatic. " You could have said no, you didn't need to come with me. But you did. Then you left without a fucking word and never called back! " He cursed at her, his anger slowly coming out.

" Because I knew you would want me back there! I couldn't give up my studies, my family for you Noah. We weren't even dating! "

They were full on screaming by now.

" Didn't you realise that?! "

He didn't answer, he stayed silent.

" Of course not, all you cared about was the fame and the money! " She yelled once more. " That's not true! I was there to expand my acting career! " He yelled back at her.

" Then why are you here ?! "

" Lexi? Are you oka- oh, " Shayne woke up by the screams they were exchanging. " Noah, you're hum, back. "

" How ? How are you dating him? How hasn't Anthony killed him yet? " He asked, completly dumbfounded and also somewhat embarassed that Shayne was there.

" Because unlike you, he actually took me on a date before getting into bed with me. " She said, going to his side.

" Even you don't know what happened that night, so don't try act so innocent with me. " He argumented, remembering the nights in the hotel where they would talk about that party.

" Don't bring any of that back. " Her crying stopped, as she remembered them too. " Don't talk about that. " She warned.

" Why? Cause you didn't tell Shayne about the events that happened in New York? " He asked her. " What is he talking about? " Shayne asked, looking at Alexis.

" I just came here to apologize, but frankly I don't think I should have came back to you. You are not the person that left me in New York. You became the person you always hated having around you. Pitiful and unapologetic. "

Noah walked away from them, slamming the door on his way out.

She stood and stared at the door, her tears threathening to fall from her eyes. It was more angry tears than it was sadness. She couldn't believe Noah had just walked back into her life.

" Babe, it's not important. He's not important. " Shayne said, giving her a hug from behind and resting his chin on her shoulder.

" But by the way, it's almost nine and we're both gonna be late to work and school. I have a meeting in 40 minutes. " He kissed her cheek quickly and he went to take his shower.

Back at the office..

Of course, all three stood up and went into a corner right before the meeting started.

" This is bad. " Olivia whispered. " Either Shayne's gonna murder him or Alexis will. " Wes lowered his voice as well.

" You guys don't look suspicious at all. " Mari commented at them since they were behind her. " What's the trouble? "

" Nothing, just Olivia doesn't remember if she left her stuff at my place last night. " Courtney answered. Mari made a face and faced back to the table.

" We'll find out soon. " Wes said as he went back to sit at his place. The two girls gave each other a worried look, Courtney now regretting sending Noah there.

Soon enough, everyone sat and the meeting soon started.

During the meeting, Shayne came in and joined in on the talk. He didn't say a word, he didn't flinch, he looked very calm. He didn't seem like something bothered him but it didn't seem like he was at peace with his mind.

" So everyone is on board with Noah coming back? " Ian asked the crew. The majority of them nodded, some commented their agreements.

" Shayne, as someone who's gonna be working with him, is it okay with you? " Anthony asked him directly. Wes, Courtney and Olivia looked at him, waiting for an answer.

" Of course, why wouldn't I want my old best friend back in my life! " He said, the sarcasm fully present in his tone of voice. The three knowing well something happened earlier.

" Shayne, does it bother you? Answer truthfully. " Ian interjected.

" Wether it bothers me or not, it's not gonna change the past. He showed up at Lexi's earlier today and, " he was looking for his words, " He's done stuff with Lexi and she, " He scoffed, " She won't tell me. He apologized and she's now gonna forgive him. " He said, looking at Anthony for some reason.

" I'm on a board with him coming back, but not for my sake, for the fans. " And with that, he left the meeting room, heading towards his desk to write more scripts.

There was a weird silence in the room, but they were almost all smiles.

" So, Noah is coming back! "