chapter 76 | the actual talk

(A|N : I LITERALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHERE I AM GOING WITH MY STORY AT THIS POINT, SO I KEEP GOING BACK IN FORTH BUT LIKE, THIS CHAPTER GOT DELETED AND I HAD TO REWRITE A NEW ONE ((chapter 71-73)) BUT THEN I FOUND IT SO i'm gonna stop yelling, I'm just incorporating in the story so yes I went back to Noah but like bare with me, and like you'll see. PS the end is near for this one :(((((! but I have another one that I wrote, just not published, I just don't know who I want the fanbase to be.. suggestions?)

" Noah? " Alexis walked into his new apartment for the first time since he moved in. He had moved out as soon as he came back from his trip back home. " Noah, I know you're here. " 

She looked around the his new apartment and it was already a mess. He hadn't been there for more than a week and it was a complete mess. 

" Noah.." She walked into his main room, and saw him sleeping in his own mess. She sighed and placed her things down, started to tidy up as silently so he wouldn't wake up.

After about 15 minutes, she sat beside Noah on the couch. He got startled a bit but softened when he saw Lexi's blond hair. " What are you doing here? "

" I wanted to be sure your move in was going okay. " She told him. 

Now, let's all remember they are broken up. But while he was away, she still texted him to be sure he was okay. Let's also remember that they never officially had the talk. When they were going too, it ended in them breaking up. 

He took her into his lap, and she laid her head on his chest. They sat in silence because they knew it wasn't okay. It wasn't okay for Alexis to have kept it for so long, and it wasn't okay that she didn't tell him. It wasn't okay that he had to go home and go through it alone.

" Why didn't you tell me, Lex? " He asked, breaking the awfully long silence, " I didn't know how to. " She explained, " I mean clearly i didn't take it well either if I drank my sadness away these past weeks. "

He sighed and snuggled himself into the crook of her neck. They missed each other. Or did they miss the affection of having someone? 

" I'm sorry that I was being a bad fiancé." She looked me in the eye, tears threatning to fall but she didn't give him that weak side. She tried to stay strong.

" You weren't a bad fiancé. You were hurt and I get that. It's okay. " He told her, he wasn't sure either if he meant it. Ever since he went home, he had second thoughts on the girl she was.

" That doesn't mean I didn't love you, cause I did. " She sighed, she didn't like feeling guilty. 

" Noah, you know that we were only together because I got pregnant. " she stood up, putting her foot down. She didn't want to have this talk again. Her emotions took her away, or yet was is it the week she had spent with Shayne.

" What are you talking about? Wh-what do you mean? " he stuttered. " Noah, we weren't meant to be. " She said softly. "We were together cause of a drunken night, a mistake"

"Lex, we went over this already. It wasn't a mistake. " He said in denial, the many discussions these past few months running through his head. " But Noah, it's true. Do you imagine if we were sober that night of Jessica's party? Or if Samantha had shown up? None of this would have happened. "

He couldn't believe what he was hearing. Was it true? Did he ever love her at all? Or was the drunken Noah panicked that he got Anthony's little sister pregnant?

" Why did you come here then? " He asked her, suddenly. " I wanted to bring some of your other stuff. I left it at the door. I got worried when you left the door unlocked. "

" Why do you seem so happy all of sudden? " He asked, as he saw her eyes brighter than usual. " I've had time to heal, Noah. I've been keeping my mind busy. " 

He removed himself from her neck and saw the faded love bites she had. 

" Are you sure about that? " He asked her, now waking himself up more. 

 " What are you talking about? " She asked him, confused. " What happened while I was gone? Actually no, what happened when you went to Shayne's to get your stuff before I left? "

" Noah, where the hell are you coming from? " He scoffed. " Knowing you Lex, you're never honest. When somethings bothers you, you hide it until you can't anymore or until someone kicked you to the curb and did something for you to spill. "

" Noah, I was talking about us here. " She got off him and they both stood up. " It was evident that we aren't meant to be, Anthony said since day one : none of my relationship with his friends will last." she tried to explain, but she felt herself losing the power of the conversation. " You slept with Shayne the same night we broke up,  didn't you?"

It was her turn to scoff. She shook her head, she couldn't believe he would think such a thing.

" Three, " the countdown. 

" Noah, what the hell. I'm trying to talk to you about us and see how you're doing and you accuse me of th- TWO, " He cut her off. 

" On- Okay! Yes. Yes, I did. " She sighed. He scoffed again but in the way where he was like 'I knew it.' 

" But Noah, I'm not with him right now. I don't want to be with him, now. "

" Or me apparently. " He said, facing her. " No it's just, i've been thinking so much when i lost the baby, " She paused " If you really did love me, wouldn't you have came to see me at the orphanage when I never came home? You didn't worry a bit if it was cause of the baby. "

It made sense to her and it started to make sense to him.

" You were sent to me crying in my living room with Lasercorn, cause I was pregnant and all of sudden you became a cuddling father figure for something we hadn't discuss wanting. " She cried but Noah didn't flinch, he was starting to realize it was true.

He didn't want a baby, and he didn't really love Lexi the way he thought he did. He had conditionned himself to love her because she was carrying his kid, and he had an idea of a family with the mom and dad always together.

" And you're thinking about it right now, " He snapped out of his bubble, " You know that all of our endless fights about 'just cause i'm pregnant' are now true."

There was silence, no one talked and no one moved.

" And what everyone said was true. " She added, very quietly.

" I think I did love you Alexis, but I don't think I loved you for the right reasons. " He broke the silence, letting a tear fall from his eyes. She cried silently but she knew.

" I loved you in a way I don't think I've ever loved either, but not for the right reasons. " She said. They just stood and stared at each other, crying and realizing that it was over. It was dead weight and that there wasn't a solution to a drunken mistake, to broken dreams and broken hearts.

The doorbell rung and both snapped out of the stares and tears. " I'll get that, you wipe away those tears, okay? We'll talk about it after. " He said to her, but she stopped him before he reached the stairs leading to the door.

" There's nothing to talk about anymore, Noah.. This is really over, " She took a deep breath, " just like us." She said softly, he sighed and nodded, edging for a hug which she gladly accepted.

It was the hug that made it real. That made it official that there was no more turning back. There was no more Noah and Alexis, together. It was the end of era. They felt it in their hearts. That was it. It was over. This was the conclusion to their relationship.