chapter 88 | the father

(trigger warning : abuse) 

" Alexis, you know him? " Shayne turned his head towards her. Her facial expression completely pale, scared and terrified at the man that stared her down.

" I thought you were in jail. " She ignored him. " I got out, " He chuckled lowly, " It's been nearly six months. " 

All she did was shook her head. How did no one every notify her about this? Isn't it a law? 

And why hasn't police been looking for him?! 

" It was life sentence. " She spat at him, " For child abuse? It was 5 years. " 

She looked down at the floor and whispered years. She let out a tear as she realized, he was sentenced in 2011 and it was now, 2017. 

" That's not fair, " She looked back up at him, " It's not fair! You know you did much more to me and Em, you deserve to be behind bars for life! " She tried to keep her tears in, but she couldn't. She was faced with the man that ruined her life. 

" Craig, what's going on in there? Why do I hear scre-" A female voice came from outside of this bright room. Both Shayne and Alexis turned their heads towards the source, as the door opened and revealed a brunette with bruises everywhere on her body. Another gasp fell from Alexis' lips and Shayne looked down to the floor. 

He only saw this person in pictures. 

" Alexis, " She said softly, " You've grown up to be such a beautiful young woman. " 

" Mom, " Alexis' voice cracked, " I thought you were dead for years. " Shayne looked up towards Alexis and wanted to do nothing else than hold her and comfort her. But he couldn't. They were tied up and in two different corners of the room. 

" You should have told me they woke up. " She told Craig, the father. " You knew about this? " Shayne asked her.  Alexis furrowed her brows and dried her tears. 

" Of course, I did. How else could he take you guys and drive off in less than a minute. " 

Both of them remembered the day they got (now confirmed) kidnapped. 

Alexis was running away from the drama at her house. She ended up in the park and sat on the bench, to catch her breath. She was on her phone, already receiving texts from the people at the party. She sighed and knew, this wasn't the way to cope with a bad situation. So she turned back. She started to walk back home. As she reached her street, she received a call. Before she knew it, someone had a bag over her head and she smelled something strong come closer to her nose. Within minutes, she was in the back of a car, passed out. 

Shayne, on the other hand, he was driving on the 405 after the party and someone kept following him, very close to the car. He took an exit he never took and that were it went wrong. It was a construction site, a dead end, and he couldn't turn around. He tried to do a U-turn and the car behind him, drove straight into the rear of his car. He got out of the car to confront the driver, but before he said a word, the driver already had a cloth pressed against his nose and mouth and another person pushed him into the back of the car, along with Alexis. 

But how did their phones get blood? 

Alexis fought back the man who took her. He took a rock that was on the floor and slammed it on her head. She immediately became unconscious by this point, dropping her phone as blood fell from her head. 

Shayne also fought back. He reached for his phone to try and call for help, but the man took it from his hands. He punched Shayne in the face with the phone in his hands, and proceeded to throw it off the 405. 

" Why are you doing this? " She yelled at them, " To get our family back together, of course sweetie. " Her mother came to close to her, as she grazed her hand on Alexis' cheek. She moved her face away from her, bitting lip to avoid more screams. 

" Keep them company as I get the rope and chairs. " Craig told Isabelle, her mother, and she nodded her head. He headed out and she quickly went to close the door behind him. 

" Alexis, Shayne, you have to listen to me, " She pleaded to her daughter, " How do you expect us to listen to you after you made me believe you died for years? After you leave me for years with this man? After you let dad do this to me and Emi? After you do this to me and Shayne? " She cried. 

" All these years, you knew. You knew about the abuse, " She paused, " You knew about everything and you never came back to save us. " The closure she thought she needed way back then, is now the anger that she had within herself after seeing her mother.

" Your dad kidnapped me when you guys were younger. This was all part of a plan. " Her mother was being genuine, or tried to. " You're in on it. How can we be sure to trust you? " Shayne asked her, still trying to wiggle his way out. 

" He's planning on killing you, Shayne. " She blurted out silently towards him. " He wants you guys to get married now, to get Emily in Canada from his friends. " 

" Emily? " Shayne was now concerned for her, completely ignoring the fact he was about to die. " She's not safe where she is, guys. He wants you guys to go adopt her for us. He wants us to be a family again.  "  

 " No, you're lying. Emily is in a good family. " Alexis cried. " Why else do you think there's a restraining order on everyone except for Shayne? He's going to bribe you, " She turned her speech towards Shayne, " to adopt her and he's going to kill you after. He can only be the father figure, the only man in her life. " Shayne's eyes widen as he finalize realized that his life was in danger. 

" Sweetie, " Craig came back in and Isabelle gave Alexis an apologetic look. Alexis knew what it meant, she nodded her head before she slapped her in the face. 

" Wow, didn't know we were going to abuse them that early. " He smirked at his wife or slave or whatever, before dropping the rope and chairs and slapping Shayne, as well.