chapter 32 | the birthday

" Happy birthday Ian! " Alexis walked into her house with Shayne by her side, nearly running into the kitchen to hug him.

" Thank you, Lexi. " He said, hugging her back. " Here's something from me and Shayne. " She pulled away, giving him a small wrapped box. " Mostly her. " He corrected Alexis, hugging Ian. " Happy birthday dude. "

" Thank you man, thanks for coming. " He said, opening the box. " Wow, Lexi. You didn't have too. " It revealed a key, somewhat similar to one the Shayne wears. It was a key to her and Anthony's place.

" For when we don't answer the door, everyday that you come over. " She laughed. " Very thoughtful of you, thank you. " He laughed, putting it on his set of keys. " So who's getting the first shot at beer pong tonight? " She asked excitedly.

" Actually, we thought we would just have more of a quiet party. Well, more like a dinner. At the restaurant. There's still gonna be a Photo Booth though. " Anthony revealed to his sister. Her excitement faded, as she really wanted to party.

Her inner frat girl came out.

" Sorry Lexi, I don't want to be in charge of clean up tomorrow. " He gave a certain look to Shayne and he nodded his head. " And, we thought be a better idea because of what last time. " He added.

" I don't think that would have happened. " She said, pointing to the blond boy beside her. " Besides, I have to finish a school project tomorrow, I'm not gonna be my frat girl self. "

" I mean, a little drinking wouldn't hurt. " Ian chimed in. " I may have told Flitz to have set it up at my place. " He shrugged. Her excitement came back and thanked Ian. She really just wanted to drink, for some reason.

" Oh, Keith said he was sorry he couldn't make it. He's flying to see Noah, but happy birthday. " Shayne read his text from his phone. " It's cool. I'll text him thanks later. " 

" Pssssst. " Keith heard from behind him, but couldn't see the source of it. " Keith, over here behind the vending machine. "

He turned around and there stood Noah in a dark brown hoodie, the hood up, hiding his face.

" My man!! " They practically jumped into each other's arms. Take note, these two haven't seen each other in more than 3 months. The only reason this vacation was possible was because one of the sets of the movie burned down during a scene, they needed the weekend to build a new one to film.

" How about me? " Olivia's little figure popped up from behind Keith. " Liv. " Almost speechless. He picked her up, twirling her around.

" Is Court gonna pop out too? " He asked, putting her down, a wide smile way visible on his face. " No, sorry. She had to stay back to not make it look suspicious. And it's also Ian's birthday party tonight. "

The original trio was back. The connection was still there, and Olivia didn't hate him as much as she thought she did.

He brought them to his car and they drove towards the hotel Noah was be staying at. Because of course, after that call, he broke up with Ashley and moved out. Filming the rest of the movie was bearable as you could see that she didn't even love Noah, she was doing it for the publicity.

" You guys can stay with me for the weekend. I'll just share a bed with Keith. " Noah said. " Nah man, we can get our own rooms. It's fine. "

" Speak for yourself, Liv. I haven't seen my boy in months. " He said, putting him in an arm lock and rubbed his head with his knuckles.

" Then, I'll rent myself a room. I can't be changing while you guys are there. " Olivia argued. " Oh, lobby is over there. " Noah pointed. She left her suitcase with them as she booked another room.

" You guys are making my life 100x happier right now. That was a great surprise. " Noah said, almost in tears. " It makes miss working for Smosh. "

" You can always come back. Talk to Ian and Anthony. Tell them the truth. It's never too late. " Keith said.

" I know for a fact that Ian will be glad to have you back. " Olivia said, coming back. That was quick. " Me and Courtney talked about it. We don't think they hate you, they're just upset with you. " Noah looked at Olivia for a second and shrugged.

" Just start by apologizing, that won't hurt anyone. "

Back at Ian's party, they had a good dinner with the fam at a new steak restaurant. The meal ended early as they almost set the restaurant on fire with the candles on his birthday cake.

They all headed towards Ian's house to continue the party.

Everybody started to drink almost immediately. A beer bong table was already set up, the Photo Booth was installed in the living and that's where you found most of them as well.

" Squad pics! " Mari yelled as she tried to gather Smosh Games, but Lasercorn was too busy beating Wes' ass at the beer pong table, Joven spent 5 minutes looking for props and Sohinki and Flitz had just disappeared into the night.

" How sad, our squad isn't even here. " Shayne slurred slowly to Courtney as he looked at Smosh Games finally gathered together, taking hilarious photos. " Where is *hiccup* Olivia anyways? " He asked her.

She shook her head quickly, instantly regretting it as she got a small headache from drinking a lot already. " Visited her mom. " She made an excuse quickly.

Alexis stood in front of the camera next, with Anthony, Miel, Peter, Mari, Ian and Pam.

" Are you being third wheel to our couples? " Miel laughed, teasing her. " No, Lexi just isn't in a relationship yet. " Mari teased her as well, while the guys were looking at Shayne.

" Lexi can't be in our picture if she doesn't have a boyfriend. " Pam said sarcastically, now aiming the teasing towards Shayne.

" Shayne, I think you're wanted in there. " Courtney said, pushing him slightly towards the Photo Booth. Alexis looking flushed, either from the alcohol or the embarrassment.

" Is this Alexis not being in a relationship? " He said, stumbling in front of the camera with them. Clearly drunk, but she was too, it didn't matter. He cupped her face like the first time they kissed. They stared into each other's eyes, now realizing this was the second time they would kiss.

The other couples walked out of frame so that it was just them in the picture.

" I'm absolutely madly and drunkly in love with the idea of being your boyfriend. " She smiled widely as he slurred, then pressing his lips against hers. The camera going off, and so were the cheers from the crowd.