chapter 31 | the living hell

(A/N: I skip a lot of days because I'm kind of on writers' block and the story just wouldn't develop if I did a day by day entry. Anyone want someone's specific POV or just like this it's good? Thanks for 300 reads!) 

Now-a-days, Keith was lonely at the work place. No one to talk to anymore because the Squad had turned against him because of Noah. Everything always seemed to be because of the one who wasn't there anymore. 

He was in a Uber, making his way back home after another day at work when he got a call. 

Incoming call from Noah 

" Noah, what the hell are you thinking? " 

" So I'm guessing you saw the news articles.." He spoke quietly.

" I didn't see them till this afternoon, after Alexis had a breakdown in the office. " 

" What do you mean? " 

" You're ruining us here, man. You say shit about us and you're making us look bad. You were once part of this, you know? Did you suddenly forget? " 

" Keith, listen to me. Please. I didn't say those things, well I mean I did but I didn't want it to come out like that. It wasn't supposed come out like that! "  He paused, " No, it wasn't supposed to come out at all! "

" How can I believe you? You're my best friend, but these days, you seem like someone else. And the Squad won't even talk to me normally anymore. " 

" Believe me Keith, I want to tell you the truth, you're my best friend. But I'm under a contract, I can't tell you. " 

" Exactly, we're best friends. You can tell me these things, contract or no contract. " 

Back home with Anthony and Ian, and some Smosh Games members. 

" I think we should throw a party. " Joven suggested, out of the blue. " Last time that happened, someone quit. " 

" I don't think anyone will be quitting this time if those two love birds are together. " Anthony pointed out to Shayne and Alexis sleeping on the couches in the living room.

" Are they officially together? " Wes asked. " I'm not sure, I think so. They've been out on a bunch of dates now, so I'm assuming yes. " He said, looking back at them. They were both sprawled onto two separated couches, but they were still holding hangs. 

" I'm just gonna come out and say it, I think with Ian's birthday around the corner, it's the perfect time for another party. " Flitz said hesitantly looking at Ian. " Well, I'm just gonna assume it wasn't gonna be a surprise party. " He laughed.

" So it settles, another party! " Mari clapped her hands together. " But this time, someone is renting a Photo Booth. I can't afford to drop my phone in beer again. " 

They all laughed, remembering Lasercorn dropping his phone while trying to take a group picture on 4th of July. 

" Just invite everyone you want there at my place, and Flitz will take care of the rest. " Anthony patted Flitz on the back. " Is this what I get for suggestion the party? " He chuckled, setting his food away. Anthony nodded his head, chuckling as well. 

Back with Keith, he told his Uber driver to do a detour, he had to go back to the studios, knowing Courtney and Oliva were still there.

" I'm telling them. " He said into his phone, shaking his leg impatiently. 

" You can't! No one can know. " 

" Our lives are living hell ever since your interviews came out. I think they deserve to know before you lose your friendships with them, forever. " 

" They unfollowed me from Twitter and Instagram, I'm pretty sure they don't want to hear it anymore. " 

Keith arrived back at the studios, paying the uber driver double, rushing out and running back into the office. 

" Because you're acting like a dumbass. You're staying on the line while I tell them everything, and I swear if you hang up, I'm bringing your ass back to Cali. " 

He just heard Noah sigh and he knew he wasn't gonna try and fight with him. He cursed at how slow the elevator was, but soon enough he was back on the 7th floor. " Just mute yourself and listen, then speak. " He told Noah quickly before he started running. 

" Court! Liv Liv! " He yelled, making way to the Squad's office. The girls got startled at how fast he opened the door. " I thought you left already! " 

The girls paying attention to him, as they were starting to clean up their things to put away in their bags, since they were leaving as well. " I did, but then Noah called. " They rolled their eyes at the sight of his name yet again, continuing to get ready to leave.

" Here me out, please. " He put his phone on the table, the screen facing down so they didn't see he was on call with him. " Okay, he said.. " 

" Enough with that he said, he said. Unless it's from Noah himself, I don't care anymore. " 

" But Court, Liv, it is from me. "  It didn't even take long for Noah to speak for himself. 

" Noah. " Olivia was almost in tears at the sound of her ex-best friend saying her name. They both looked at his phone on the table and shook their heads. 

" This isn't real, this is a joke. " Courtney said, also a bit in tears. Immediately after that, Noah FaceTime called Keith.

" It's not. I swear. Please, listen to me. I'm sorry. " 

Noah hadn't changed one bit. He still had the same old haircut, the same glasses and he was wearing his avocado shirt. 

" I didn't want any of those things to go out the press, because that's not what I said. I didn't mean it in a rude way, it's not like that. I loved Smosh, and I still watch the Squad Vlogs all the time. I see you guys  are miserable and I'm sorry. I really am. "  He paused, taking a deep breath. 

" Everything that was printed was a trap. This girl, Ashley- Your girlfriend? " Olivia cut him off.

" She's not gonna be at the end of this day. I'm breaking up with her. I found out she had read through my messages with Keith and with Alexis. And she had been planning this headlines to go out for a long time. " 

" So you never said any of those things? " He shook his head. " If anything, I miss Smosh. I'd take back the stupid decisions I made when I was scared. " 

Keith smiled at the girls almost crying at the sight of Noah. 

" How can we trust you? You left. " Olivia said. " Liv liv, I promise you. On everything. Even little panda bear. " 

Olivia smiled instantly when he mentioned the panda bear. It was their earliest inside joke together. She knew now that he was most definitely telling the truth. 

" Come back Noah. Quit your movie, come back to Smosh. Tell Ian and Anthony what you told us, and come back. We need you. " Courtney also realizing that she misjudged him, that he was still the picky eater Noah he use to be. 

" I know, I know. A lot of people are mad at me there, are you sure I should come back? " 

" YES. "