Making a Choice

Your POV:

"Well (y/n), what do you say?" Hughes asked while opening his arms.

I started to shake a little. I felt the tears build up in my eyes, like rain hitting my face. I then hugged him and cried in his chest.

"Hey. It's ok. I'm here right now." Hughes said, while hugging back.

My sobbing slowly calmed down after that. And, it kept calming until there was no sound left in between my breathing pattern.

"Let's go home and tell Gracia the news." Hughes.... I mean dad said.
"Ok Hughes. I mean dad." I said softly.
"And, there's paper work involved. You are officially a part of the Hughes Family. If you want to keep your last name, it's fine. Use it to remind you of your past. Don't change everything about you just because I'm adopting you."
"Ok!"

I walked right next to my new dad. We made sure to tell the lady at the phone booth that he was alright. Then after that, we walked back to my new home.

"Gracia!" Dad called out.
"Yes dear. How was work?" Gracia asked.
"It was good. Gracia."
"Yes. Is something wrong?"
"Actually, I brought (y/n). Would you like her to be our adopted daughter?"

I look at him and smile.

"Of course! I would love her to be in our family. So (y/n) do you want to be our daughter?" Gracia said cheerfully.
"I would love to." I said whole smiling.

Then she whispered to dad.

"What about the paper work?" She asked.
"I'm getting it first thing tomorrow." Dad replied.
(Calling Hughes dad now.)

I smiled softly at Elicia.

"Awe you my bwig sister now?" Elicia asked.
"Yes Elicia. I'm your big sissy (y/n)." I tell her.
"Yay! Awe you gowna pway wit me now?"
"It's too late. We will play tomorrow, ok?"
"Owkay!"

I take Elicia to her room and set her on her bed so she can sleep. I sleep next to her so the morning comes quickly.

Hughes POV:

"I'm going to get those papers in the morning Gracia." I told her.
"Yes I know. I'm happy that you decided to adopt her. Elicia will have a sister." My lovely Gracia said.
"I know. I'll have a new picture to show everyone at work!"

Then Gracia broke into laughter.

"You always love to show pictures dear!" Gracia said.
"Let's go to bed." I told her.
"Yes that's a good idea."

We both walk into our room. Then we get in bed.

"Good night Gracia." I said.
"Good night dear." She replied.

Then we both fell asleep to challenge our inner demons.

*in the morning*

Your POV:

I woke up slowly to find little Elicia's arms wrapped around my torso and she was sleeping. I found her to be a good little sister, and I picked her up slowly.

I walked out to find Gracia making breakfast.

"Did you two sleep well?" Mom asked us.
"Yeah we did." I said while pointing at the sleeping Elicia in my arms.

Then I heard *snap* and a picture of me smiling with a sleeping Elicia came out of his camera.

"I can't wait to show everyone at work!" Dad said cheerfully.
"You could've warned me first." I said softly.
"Well I'll be back in a bit."

*an hour later*

"I'm home!" Dad yelled cheerfully as he came in.
"Your back!" I said.
"Yeah I have the paperwork."
"Lets fill it out."

On the papers, there were questions like, what happened to recent parents. There were many more, that I could list. After 30 minutes we filled everything out, and we turned it in to office.

"Congratulations, (y/n), (l/n) has been taken as your child now." One of the subordinates said.
"Great!" Dad said. "Now (y/n), let's go home."

I nod at him and start walking. This was the best day ever since, now I have a parent. I look at my pocket watch which says "January 25th 14" my dad and mom were killed that day.

(P.S my mom passed away on 1/25/17)

I have something I longed for. I'm actually happy.

Sorry for the short chapter! I'll write soon- CRUSIFIXdroid