The Alchemist v.s The Homunculus

Your POV:

I welcomed them inside, as I smiled softly at them. Edward turned red as a beet. I giggle softly. I look at Ed.

Izumi... well I think that's her name takes us inside for dinner.

"Thanks for dinner Mrs. Izumi!" I said cheerfully.
"No problem. No wait, what's your name?" She asked.
"It's (y/n), (l/n)."
"I see."

She then looks at Alphonse. If she finds out about them, then she will beat them bloody. I'm scared for Ed and Al.

"Hey Al, why aren't you eating?" Izumi asks.
"I'm n-not hungry. I ate on the train ride here." Al said.

Then Ed takes Al's food and piles it on his plate. He can be rude sometimes, can't he?

"Ed. That's kinda rude..." I told him.
"What's your problem (y/n)?" Ed asks, while eating.
"You know even if Al doesn't want to eat, you still don't take his food!"

He looked at me angrily. He then kept eating. Sometimes he doesn't listen. I really care about him. We kept eating after that.

*next morning*

"Edward let's see how your alchemy improved!" Izumi called out to Ed.
"No problem!" Ed shouts back.

I watch them fight. I hadn't  noticed how majestic Edward moves. He is smooth with his attacks. However, he made a huge mistake. He transmuted his arm into a blade in front Izumi. She looks at him angrily.

"Living room now." She said.

We follow her into the living room.

"Edward, two of your limbs are automail, and Alphonse your armor is empty isn't it?" She asks.
"How did you know?" Edward asks while looking down.
"I COULD TELL JUST BY SPARRING WITH YOU!"

She then gave Edward a sad look.

"You saw it didn't you?" She asks.
"Yes." Ed replies.

She then looks at me.

"Have you done it?" She asks me.
"I have, but for some reason, no equivalent exchange was there." I replied.
"How is that possible?"
"I really don't know. My house was burned down one night, and my parents were tied to the bed. I wanted to bring my mother back. I really care about her."

She gives us all a sad look. She then pulls us in for a hug.

"It's ok to feel sad." She said while hugging us.

Edward was whimpering. So was I. I wanted to let everything out,

"We are really sorry." Al said.

She then let go. What she said next was surprising to me.

"Now. Get out." She told us. "I don't want students that will follow in my path. LEAVE!"

I looked at Edward sadly.

"Ok. Thanks for everything." Edward said, as we all exited the door.

I can't believe it's all over. I can't believe Ed is taking it lightly. Mr. Sig walks us to the train station.

"Thanks for everything Sig, I guess this is goodbye." Edward said.
"You idiots." Sig said.
"Huh. What do you mean?"
"Now that you aren't Izumi's students, you can finally make a new bond. As equals."
"You're right!"

I noticed that they ran, so I followed them.

"THANK YOU MR. SIG!" I yelled out.
"Just don't let her kill you!" Sig replied.

And, that was all we needed. We may have committed the taboo, but we knew what we saw was wrong. Well, at least Ed, and I. Al is a different story. We finally get back Izumi's house, we walk in and this happens.