Bite of the Ant

Zampano's POV:

"Yeah, yeah hello? This is Zampano reporting in. I'm one of Kimblee's Soldiers. Dr. Marcoh and Scar are hiding out in the slums of Aspec Village. I also have a report that (y/n) (l/n) is there too." I said on the phone.
"You made the right move by telling me this Zampano. And, I promise that you'll be protected." Envy replied on the phone.

Your POV:

I was outside with Winry. Al and May were fighting over what Alkahestry was. I was putting clothes up on the line, helping a little Ishvalan child.

'She kind of reminds me of Yusha.' I thought.

I then looked at Yoki, who's hair was being pulled by a little child. I laughed a bit when he fell to the ice and snow covered ground. I then see Marcoh and Jerso. I walked up to them.

"We're going to find some fire wood. Would you mind letting Zampano know for me?" Jerso asked Scar.
"Hey. I'll go too. I can be a real help." I said.
"Fine. Just be careful (y/n)." Marcoh said.

I smiled at him.

'So now the real question is what are they really up to?' I thought.

Zampano's POV:

"Hey! They're close by. Follow me." I said to Envy.
"You lead the way, Zampano." Envy replied.

Your POV:

I was helping Jerso and Marcoh get fire wood.

"Hey (y/n). Mind doing us a favor?" Marcoh asked.
"Sure. What is it?" I replied.
"Hide behind that tree there. Please. We just want you to be safe."
"Uh... ok.."

I went behind the tree that he pointed to.

'Why do I have to hide behind a tree?' I thought.

I then heard Marcoh and Jerso talking about the 5th Laboratory.

'Oh yeah. That's where we found that prisoners were being used to create Philosopher Stones.' I thought.

I then heard something from the distance.

"Hey!" Zampano called out.

I looked a bit from behind the tree to see Zampano with some kind of man.

"Who is this man with you?" Marcoh asked.
"He's just a... nice drifter I met. He was hoping you might be able to examine him doctor." Zampano replied.
"You can stop Zampano. Nobody's falling your bad acting." The man said in Envy's voice.

I gasp slightly.

'It can't be him! How did he find us?!' I thought.

All of my thoughts that could make this man not Envy changed when I red lightning surround him. My eyes widened as I saw him walk towards Marcoh.

"It's nice to see you doctor. It's been too long. I like what you've done to your face." Envy said, as he changed from the feet up, walking towards Marcoh.

I kept my face concealed behind the tree. Marcoh gave an angry stare at Envy.

"Now, who do you think you are? You obviously believed you could pull one over on me?" Envy asked, obviously taunting Marcoh.

Once he took another step forward, snow blasted around his foot. Once it cleared, spiked impaled Envy's foot. Envy covered his eyes, do to the snow mist. Once he uncovered his eyes, a look of shock was prominent on his face, when he saw the ice spike that impaled his foot and another ice spike through his thigh. I smiled.