1- Elsa saved my life

Chapter 1- Elsa saved my life

I was not that big of a fan when it comes to Frozen. However, I sometimes wished I could have Elsa's power for a day. That day being the beginning of June when the sun decided to step out from behind the curtain of cloud and greet us with his greatest beam. I sipped my watermelon smoothie from the yellow straw. I actually wanted to chug down the whole thing in one gulp but I was on a bus, so that wasn't really a viable option. The summer wind was blowing at my face and whipped my hair around. To the people passing by in cars, I must have resembled a lion.

I looked out the window. Everything was painted in pale yellow color of the sun ray. It looked as if a giant vanilla ice-cream scoop had been dropped from the sky. Except for the fact that the temperature of the city was nowhere near the cool ice cream. At this rate, sunburn was inevitable. I could almost hear my aunt's "I told you so, Jamie."tomorrow morning followed by a lecture on importance of sunscreen.

I was about to take another sip when a breeze of really cold wind rushed passed me. The tiny umbrella and straw on my drink disappeared with the whooshing wind. And I thought there'd be at least a day that Brackenbridge was crime-free.

The passenger's chatters rose as well as their bodies. They stood up to look outside the bus. A few kids pulled out their phone, trying to snap a picture. I gingerly poked my head outside the window, observing the bluish blur zipping passed the bus, causing car honks along the way. "It's Aquagirl, I'm telling you." A ginger haired girl giggled with her friends. "No! It's White Shark!" Her friend argued. Nothing new. I sat back down, chugging down the rest of the drink.

We had these vigilantes around for awhile now. No. They aren't vigilantes anymore. They prefer the term superhero.

The plus side being the crime rate spiraling down while the negative side effect being the alarmingly rising amounts of unanswered phone calls directed to our police department.

Some theorists said they were just mutants while others said the exposure to radioactivity was responsible for it. Some believed in magic and the whole chosen one deal. Some didn't care that much. Some tried to become one themselves and usually ended up as villains instead.

However, superheroes stood as the guardians of the city.

Because they probably watched a lot of MARVEL and DC movies as kids.

"It's neither!" The same girl shouted. "Look! It's ice!" That caught my attention. Ice patterns began to spread over my window. Jack Frost. I hadn't seen the ice pattern this beautiful and complete since last 3 winters. Or the last time I saw-- "It's Coldfront! He's back!" I felt goose bumps rising to my arms and the temperature dropped dramatically around me. Maybe the latter was Coldfront's doing.

My eyes automatically scanned the street for anything that drawn this super out. Seeing none, the realization suddenly hit me. The passengers' shrieks confirmed it. "Oh, crap." I muttered. It's us. The road we were heading to was choked by the remnants of the bridge as the result of it breaking down. We were heading toward the biggest part and it was too late for the driver to turn around. Suddenly, the bus swerved like it slipped and I went crashing into another row of seats along with the passengers on my side. The screams of the passenger filled my eardrums.

Coldfront appeared again at a side of the bus, freezing the wheels in place to stop us from ending up on the coffee bar inside the vintage cafe nearby. He wasn't fast enough so the bus still jammed into the post box on the sidewalk. No one was in their seats at the time. We were lying on the floor in heaps.

He then barged up on the bus majestically.

I almost looked forward to the opening theme of superhero movie.