Bonus I- Freeze! It's the police!

His side of the story. This will mirror Chapter 2 of Jamie's POV. So, this goes way back. I planned to upload this one when we reached 3K votes but I forgot XD

Anyway, here it is! Enjoy!

(Unedited. Written when high on ice-cream sugar.)

- Ida

BONUS I- Freeze! It's the police!

June 1, 2016

A bright pink pamphlet advertising the new bookshop across the city slapped me in the face as I leaped over a five meters gap between rooftops. The ice beneath my feet decreased the friction hindering from reaching full speed. And my coach always said Logan, you are yet to reach your full potential. Your lack of discipline is holding you back!

Truly sorry, Coach. I'm the one holding myself back, actually. What would happen if I ever used 10 seconds to complete the whole lap around the ice rink?

I'd be forced to leave the team for two reasons. Either the judges accused me of doping steroids or suspected that I possessed super power.

And we can't have that, can we?

Still, he was right. A little. Maybe my ability to adopt discipline into my life was really incapacitated by my need of freedom and my impulsiveness. People may picture supers with ice power to be calm, poise, and whatnot. Well, that was what Coldfront had them believe. His son was no epitome of hero like him. Not that I desired to become one.

I was, after all, running away from at least five pursuers who wielded guns, police badges, professional level skills set and probably level five security clearance. Bottom line; not your ordinary cops. Wondering what I did to have the privilege of having these talented police force after me?

Let me help you catch up.

I may have broken in Brackenbridge's most secured bank right after a huge unintended heroic moves I pulled back there on the bridge. The papers from the folder I snatched out of that place were in my bag, begging to be read. My heart rate accelerated. I could tell it wasn't just from exhaustion.

I could finally expose Rocestor's crimes.

I shook my head slightly, a low cold laugh escaping my throat. The one I didn't even know Les Logan could do. I wasn't the likeable all-star athlete Les at that time anyway. I would come up with a name for my alter ego before the media could give me a lame and uncreative one. It must start with C though because this was Coldfront's suit and I didn't like the idea of asking my mom if she could change the emblem for me.

She didn't even know her son wasn't at school, thanks to my sister's teleportation power.

(Don't look at me like that. I don't usually ditch. Just saying if any incident came up on the radio I the middle of Social Study class, I was more than ready to bolt to fourth grade kids room and got Gale to teleport me to the location.)

Gale may have landed me on top of River Selm from her lack of power control at young age but I'd rather have that than having to sneak out of my house when mom's home.

I just knew she would hate my alter ego.

Especially after what happened to dad.

I let myself drop down for a second just for the thrill and blasted more ice to pave the curved personal highway midair, skating down the narrow alley below. It may be considered a free fall for most people, but for me, it felt like flying.

Parkour had never been more fun.

At the speed I was going, wind created whooshing sound like high whistle you hear when a train is running past you. Boy did it feel awesome to use my power when wearing an actual super suit that allowed me to reach my full capacity.