24- Scars remain

Chapter 24- Scars remain

In most superhero movies, there would be 2 main memorable fights throughout the story line. The first one is when the hero is still learning and loses to the villains. The second one is when they come back again, stronger than ever and kick the villains' butt like no problem. The camera zooms out and the ending credits rolls down. The audiences leave the theater with a bucket half full of popcorn.

(Unless it's MARVEL movies. You can't just get up and leave like that. You have to wait for that 30 seconds scene after all the ending credits rolled by.)

We were still stucking in the middle of the first fight and the second fight. The audiences had gone crazy and were in grave danger.

And we didn't know the ending beforehand from comic books.

"I need to go get Rocestor before they could get to the network through him again. That's the least I can do now." Cryonics said, heaving a sigh. Ice frost traveled on the ground and thick fog formed in the air. I shivered at the coldness. I had never felt this cold before with my power.

"What's the plan, then?" I asked, my eyes scanning the area. Even though the fog was thick, I could see shadows of the villains surrounding us.

"The plan?" He said, forming an ice shield on his arm. "You go hide somewhere safe. I get the mayor. Then, I'll go get you and drop you home. You lock yourself inside with Mochi until this madness is over." He said simply.

"This isn't a one man show, Frosty. You can't do it alone." I argued. "Look around you! We are surrounded."

"You don't have your power now, kid. You're out of the game." He muttered.

I snapped my finger and small flame danced above my palm. "I'm partially immune, remember? It'll take awhile for the drug to take its effect. I'll figure out something I could do meanwhile." I said and leaped up into the sky, above the white fog despite his protest. I looked for the mayor from top view.

"What are you doing? Get down here, kid!" Cryonics shouted, his breathing quickened and all the colors had left his face.

"The mayor is entering the facility. Go do your job." I told him and raised my voice to distract the villains. "Wanna play fugitive?" I mustered up my best confident smile even though I could feel the flame that were keeping me in the air wavering. I needed to escape fast because they all seemed to be up for the game.

The villains ran after me and some flew up into the sky. I pushed forward, using my last drop of energy to ignite flame in my hands, increasing the amount of smoke I left on the trail I passed to hide. I dodged their attacks and flew in a circle, creating a huge group of smoke draping in the air. I was out of breath and was gradually slowing down, surrendering to the earth's gravity. The flame in my hands was gone. The strong wind and cold raindrop whipping in my face made me shiver. It was hard to navigate when it's pouring.

Suddenly, a villain flew in front of me in the middle of the rain, her long black hair draping on her unnaturally pale face as she snarled at me. That forced me to take an abrupt turn to my right and my side slammed into the wall on my right. I bit my lips to stop my scream even though my ribs felt as if they were on fire. I kicked off the wall to escape. 2 seconds after taking off, I realized something very bad.

The tranquilizer had kicked in.

I was lucky I wasn't too far above the roof but it was a nasty fall nonetheless. I crashed onto the uneven tiles on the roof and rolled down the slant side of it. My fingers clawed desperately at the coarse texture of the tiles. My arms were outstretched, trying to hold on to something. I cursed when my hands slipped and I found myself free falling.