26- Were, Still Are, and Always Will Be

I have been getting some comments about Les's name since it's quite uncommon. His full name is Leicester.  Yes. The actual place name. The meaning is grey castle. I think the vibe kinda suit his character.

And hey the nickname is adorable lol

For the debate over his hair color...Jamie stated in Chapter two that it's light brown (or dark blonde. Pretty much the same.) unless affected by his power like Jamie's case.

Hopes that cleared it up XD

PS. Ranked at 23 in Adventure??? OMG TYSM!!

-Ida

Chapter 26- Were, Still Are, and Always Will Be

"So, what next?" I asked my aunt as she typed away on her computer, passing her a tissue box because she was about to drown her keyboards with her tears and electrocute us both.

"Cloudburst and Tornado are interrogating the manipulated supers. We got the chips out except for Chameleon. That one is already a villain." She replied, blue light shone on her face. "I'm trying to locate the source of the wave. We'll brief everyone about a plan when those 2 got the information we need."

"Do you need any help?" I asked carefully, realizing how upset she still was about her fiance's rash behaviors.

"Rest until your power is fully back, Jamie." She said softly, pinching her nose bridge. "And keep watch on Les, will you? He seems a bit disturbed since he came back."

"I could tell."

That's a great idea. I felt a little out of place here wandering around by myself.

My Aunt nodded wearily. "So, are you happy Jack Frost is him?"

"That's not an easy question." I chuckled. "I'm losing them both."

"Did you get it right?" She asked softly. "All these time working with him."

"My instinct screamed it's Les." I confessed. "But I didn't think I would be that lucky. I think—I kinda took a guess that I just think it's him because I want it to be him."

A week ago, the idea of Les flirting with me was so foreign that I cut him out of the possible candidates.

"That means you're happy it's him. Are they that different?" She asked. "I know Les is way more reckless as Cryonics."

"There's a slight change. But, to me, it seems quite big." I replied. "Maybe that's because I've known him for a long time."

Cryonics opened up more which was paradoxical since he wore a freaking mask all the time. Les, even without mask, always seemed so distant.

No matter how weird this sounded, Cryonics was not as cold as Les.

"The idea of him being a super sounded too far-fetched. It's—hard to imagine. That's why I deemed that theory impossible so many times." I added. "Despite my gut feelings and my hope."

She leaned back in her chair. "So, he finally told you, huh?"

"That he's Cryonics? I thought you knew. The scar, remember?"

"No." Her lips held the slightest hint of smile. "Not that part. I'm an author, Jamie. I could tell there's something going on between—"

"Is that a shot in the dark? I'm not giving you the reaction you want to see." I smiled back. "I better go find him before he break something. You know what Les's like."