Bonus II - Alternate universe

Update schedule is Monday and tomorrow I have a scholarship interview thingy so I would be posting this special chapter I promised instead. It took me a while to write this one out because it's an AU with Victorian vibe which is still quite new for me.

But I've been reading book in this style and I fell in love with the vibe. After 108 minutes of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, I decided to give it a try by still using Superhero Crash Course storyline.

I have a lot to learn, still. And it's unedited.

- - - -

Bonus II

"Hanging? Shooting? Decapitation? The decision is yours to make, witch."

The corner of my lip tilted upward to form a small smile. His confidence and recklessness were rubbing off on me. "Why? Let's bring out the classic method to execute a witch, shall we?" I replied in levelled tone, turning toward the audiences consisted of ladies and lords dressed in their best bib and tucker to enjoy a bloody execution. That made me question their sanity more than that of those stood chained to posts in the wide opening. Most of them couldn't tolerate anyone brining up topics about death and corpse but there they were, observing the whole ceremony through lens.

"I choose fire." I said loud and clear. My voice echoed off the other sides of the wall surrounding the opening.

Cheering arose from the crowds. They had always fancied colorful executions.

Sick bastards.

"Pardon me?" My company choked out his words, shock written prominently of his feature. He tried his best to push past the guards to get to me, the chain around his wrists rattled as they dragged him back effortlessly. "She's out of her mind from the heat! She didn't mean that! She was already not quite right in the head but that doesn't mean she's a witch!"

The tall guard chuckled darkly. "Shout all you want, chap. You're up after the witch. A traitor aiding a witch to escape shall be silenced with the sharpest blade by the hand..."

"Not quite right in the head?" I gasped. "Really, Leicester? That could have been your last word to me and an insult on my sanity is your finest choice?"

"You know what, Devlin? I may be in the mood to craft some sentimental last words if there aren't too many people witnessing and too many imbeciles trying to break my goddamn wrists whenever I speak!" He interrupted the guard only to be whacked in his side with the rifle.

"Fire it is." The man announced, fueling even more enthusiasm among the audiences.

I nodded at him with a smug smile to add that psychotic witch vibe. This was like a school play. Except for the real sword and fire part.

"Three!" The crowds chanted.

"Stop it, you bloody murderers! Let her go!" Les growled from the ground as the executor pressed the barrel of the loaded rifle on the back of his head, forcing him to stay down. His dark grey eyes locked with my now golden ones. "Tell them you're not a witch." He croaked. "Please, Devlin. Don't go like this."

"You seriously think they'd believe me?" I leaned the back of my head against the wooden post behind. The long hem of my red dress was the same color as soil at that time after spending a night as fugitive on the run. Les's long coat that I was wearing was a mess and sported a few burn marks caused by me.

"I'm sorry, Jay." He uttered breathlessly. The cheering of the crowds almost drowned out his voice. "I'm so sorry."

"Two!"

"Sorry? You can thank me later, Logan." I muttered under my breath to here as a torch was passed around and oil started to pool beneath my boots clad feet. However, just for my own entertainment, I decided I should scare Les a little more considering how much of a jerk he had been to me.