17- War and Peace

My lil sister: "I SO SHIP SUSHI AND MOCHI!! MOCHI IS A VERY SASSY GIRLL AND SUSHI IS A CLUELESS CUTIEPIE!!

Me: "Suhi is a dog and Mochi is a cat."

My lil sister: "I CAME UP WITH A SHIP NAME FOR THEM. SUMO!!!!"

Me: *thinking* That ship name sounds even more legit than Cryonamie  lol

- Ida

Chapter 17- War and Peace

I could start my own collection of tardiness slips. I've got over 15 slips just from the past 2 weeks.

I needed to get used to the double life. I had never pegged Cryonics as a guy who would have much responsibility but when I had a taste of the life he led, I knew I was terribly wrong.

I got to school at lunch break. I've missed 4 periods of Chemistry and Calculus so far. That jeopardized my former perfect attendance and posted threat to my grades.

Titan—I mean Collin texted me this morning, telling me to stay alert if attacks happened in 2 places at once, I may need to rush over there.

I didn't even have a supersuit or any proper training. This felt a little rushed.

I was just a quick fix anyway.

- - - -

"--We need answer! Cryonics is back! The super was wreaking havoc at the annul fair. A new supergirl with fire power made an appearance and saved the day! She was wearing a red dress and red glittered mask. She soared the sky, leaving trail of red flame like a shooting star. Titan was later spotted at the fair, saving the civilians on the Ferris Wheel from Cryonics's wrath. Cloudburst and Aquagirl attacked the science center last night. What's going on in Brackenbridge? The superheroes we loved has all turned into our enemies. The mayor's daughter had gone missing for 2 weeks now yet the mayor is still focused on pressing to pass the new law on superheroes regulation--"

Kat stared at the television screen for a few minute before turning to me.

"That's my dress." She whispered. "What's that new superhero doing in my dress?"

"It's just a coincident. There are hundreds of dresses like that in the shop you bought from."

"Well, that's my friend I saw shooting flame at the ice boy!" She whispered. "Now, don't tell me there's hundreds of you in the best friend shop!"

I clenched my fists. "What?"

"Jamie Laurel Devlin." Kat said, her voice was becoming intimidating. "Tell me what's going on with you? Are you that fire girl who fought ice boy at he fair?"

"Are you kidding me, Kat? Me? A superhero?" I scoffed. "I cannot even walk gracefully without falling over, Kat."

"But she looks exactly like you and I lost you in the crowds like 5 minutes before she showed up!"

"You want to call my aunt's boyfriend and ask me where I was at that time?" I asked. "He would say I was crying on the phone, calling him to come pick me up."

Kat looked at me as if she's deciding something.

"You have always been a bad liar, Jamie." She said, her tone rid of any levity. "And even though you are not lying to me about you not being the new superhero, you are hiding something from me for over a week now. You can tell me if something's wrong. I want to help you!"

"Come on, Kat. If I were a super, you'd be the first person I'd tell." I said. I hated getting into a fight with her especially now. I couldn't stop thinking about what Cryonics said to me yesterday when he was being manipulated. I didn't want to fight with Kat too.