20- Life through a toilet paper roll

This chapter is dedicated to all the patient JaLes shippers out there. I serve. Thanks for sticking around, dear readers.

My friend just went to comic con and took a photo with Grant Gustin while I was binge-writing/ eating Thai tea ice-cream. I'm so jellyyyyyyyy TT

Anywayy don't forget to vote&comment! Let me know what you think ;)

-Ida

Chapter 20- Life through a toilet paper roll

If there's anything I hate more than tidying up my room, it's packing for a road trip. I love road trips but packing for them really upset my mild OCD. I would go over the lists of the things I would need hundreds times over and over again. Even if it's only 2 days trip (back to my house). I knew that I had everything I was going to need but, hey, let me check again how many hair rubber bands I had in my bag.

You can never have too many rubber bands even though it was highly likely that I would misplaced most of them during the trip and ended up using only that battered one that had been on my wrist for ages.

My parents told me when they came to pick me up from school that they would be leaving to stay at our farm for the weekends and that I'm not allowed to stay by myself here. I understood them though. Aunt Casey was still missing in their eyes so they wouldn't want me anywhere far away from them for awhile. That was why I agreed to tag along with them. 

The farm was passed on to my dad from my grandpa. That's why even though he hired some people to work there, he insisted to do most of the works himself since the farm wasn't that big. He just loves his job. 

Collin called me. I though I was going to get a lecture about responsibility because I was abandoning my duty but no.

"Heard you're going to be out of town for awhile." Collin said. There was sound of siren in the background. "Stay safe, alright, kid?"

He had taken up a responsibility to look after me as an uncle. 

"Sure, future uncle." I smiled. We couldn't say anything about our superhero works via phones anyways. "You stay safe too."

"I'll try to do that. Have fun" Cryonics was shouting something intelligible in the background. "Okay, okay, I saw that. Calm down, kid! I have to go, Jamie. See you later."

Since Cloudburst and Tornado were brought back to their senses, there were more supers to protect the city while I'm away (even though me being there didn't make much of the difference). Cryonics would be working on finding Harmonia. There was no lead on the case whatsoever. Even the police force had stopped looking for her. They almost seemed as if they didn't want superheroes to get involved.

Or maybe they just didn't trust Cryonics. That guy didn't make a very nice first impression to publicity. He didn't even try to at least act like he care about what they though of him.

I made my way down the stairs to the kitchen. Flagrance of my mom's spaghetti bolognese filled the house. The sight of homemade spaghetti on proper set of dishes with matching glasses of orange juice was quite weird when spotted in Aunt Casey's townhouse. We hardly had time to cook let alone cleaning up after cooking. When we do cook, we would make sure we use as least containers as we could. I usually eat pretty much every food in a coffee mug. Don't judge.

"Kat usually comes over on Friday night for a sleepover." My mom noted, sitting down on the wooden chair. "Not tonight?"

I twirled the spaghetti around my fork. "Nope. She's probably busy." 

I didn't know what to say to her other than my apology. I knew I would need more than that to make her feel better. She felt like I didn't trust her and there's nothing I could do to fix that. I couldn't tell her about anything without having to deal with the consequences.