16- Little girl playing pretend

I'm so sleepy rn but hey let's sink a ship before going to bed :D

If you like this chapter, plz consider giving it a vote ;)

- Ida

Chapter 16- Little girl playing pretend

If I thought that watching the TV last night was a bad enough experience for me, I was wrong.

I had to endure seeing that video being replayed countless times at school. In the hall. In the classroom. In the cafeteria. Then, on the projector in Professor Howard's period. We even had to do an informal debate in that class about what exactly happened.

It haunted me a little.

Mr. Howard made a mistake by putting me on the side that believed Cryonics was the bad guy.

We lost with by 10 margins and I got a D in that assignment. Guess what happened.

I had to sit in front a group of the jocks in gym class that had turned the fight yesterday into a way to generate income.

My heart felt a little heavier when I scanned the gym for Isaac and seeing no sign of him. I fetched my phone from my pocket. I clicked the home button, blissfully aware of the sweat transferred form my palms onto the screen. Seeing no new notifications, I let out a shaky breath.

I sent Isaac a text yesterday evening, asking about a homework just so he wouldn't get suspicious about me suddenly texting him.

He didn't even read the text.

Even the level of agitation in texting dilemma most girls had experienced when texting their crush wouldn't compare what I was experiencing.

To them, the guys are probably playing Call Of Duty and would be back in a few hours after their missions are over.

To me? Cryonics was probably playing that game in real life and may not even come back from that fiasco of a mission yesterday.

I slipped my phone back into my pocket, getting more upset every passing seconds.

"Pay up, pay up." Gordon laughed at his friends smugly. "Told ya the girl would win."

"Cryonics the Super villain, eh?" Another guy snorted, handing him the money. "Got his ass kicked off the building by a girl."

"You should start the next bet, Gordon. Will the guy live?"

More laughter. "Ooh. 30 storey, man. He's a goner for good."

I turned around sharply at the statement. "He was trying to protect all the people in the building, you disrespectful bastards. Does it look like a game to you?" 

They looked shock but before they could embarrass me in front of the people in the gym, Kat grabbed me by my arm and dragged me from the stand over to the water cooler on the side of the gym. 

"Geez, chill out, Jamie!" She chided. "What's gotten into you? Last week you were rolling your eyes at me for swooning over the Cryonics guy but last period you were trying to kill your own teammates on the podium defending him then this! You got your hair dyed red and your weird contacts on, not that it doesn't look good on you—but what's up with you lately?"

I joined the Superhero club, Kat, that's what.

The number one rule, you do not talk about it. At all. Even though that makes you seem like a complete weirdo.

"It's never right to gamble on life! It's highly disrespectful!" I said sharply, scowling at those idiots shooting puzzled glances my way. "Cryonics may have just sacrificed himself for the rest of the people in the building but those idiots are making it sound like a boxing match you can bet on!"