2- It could be Caitlin for all I know

Chapter 2 It could be Caitlin for all I know

I woke up and realized a lot had happened during the time I was out.

Both good and bad.

The main delightful event being Biology quiz was already over by 4 hours. The main bad thing was I would have to take that quiz tomorrow, along with Chemistry unit test.

I moved to sit up, rubbing my eyes groggily.

I was lying on a hard bunk with thin sheet of white blanket. No. It's actually a white towel. I kicked it off me. I didn't need anymore heat insulator on me.

"Finally." Okay, maybe there's still one more bad thing to add into my list after all. My vision was quite blurry at first but I didn't need to look to know who was also here. I would recognize that voice from anywhere.

Les Logan sat on the chair at the end of my bed, holding the towel I basically just kicked at his face. (1 point for Jamie Devlin.) A book was placed on his lap. Chemistry textbook, I noted. Someone's scared of failing tomorrow. He was not in a good mood but, hey, since when did Les act happy around me.

(Judging by the look of it, I just woke him up from a nap. With a kick. Way to get on the good side of people, Jamie.)

"Les." I greeted, still a little confused. Having him here was as normal as having a dragon in my room. "Morning."

"Afternoon, actually." He yawned, getting up and walked over to the side of my bed. His gaze lingered on the bandage around my arm and another plaster on my temple. For a second, I thought I could see concern flashing in his eyes.

But then I thought about it. The word Les and concern sounded so grammatically wrong in the same sentence. Unless it's a negative sentence, of course.

"What happened again?" He asked huskily, running his hand through his tousled light brown hair. His grey eyes seemed dull and I could place dark rings underneath them.

"A bridge just collapsed right in front of the bus I was in." I said. "You didn't notice that on the way over here?"

He lifted the shade on the window a little and peeked outside. "I can only see ice everywhere. Did the Coldfront guy drop by?"

"Someone dropped by but he's not Coldfront." I replied. "New guy."

"All the cool names are already taken. Sucks for the new guy." Les pulled down the shade and shrugged. "What's his name? Elsa? Jadis, the White Witch?"

"It started with C. It could be Caitlin for all I know. Why are you here again?" I dangled my legs down the side of the bed.

"Since it isn't illegal to visit a friend at the hospital, I figured I should do that." He raised his brow, smiling slightly.

"C'mon, Les. Why are you here?" I asked again, more curtly this time.

"To find a sentimental excuse to skip school." He replied casually.  "And your aunt wanted to make sure you take your daily medicine." He held out a familiar stocky white bottle. "Psychiatrist prescribed."

"Since you established I'm a psychopath, you better not get on my bad side, Logan." I reached out to snatch it from him, unscrewing the lid and poured out one white, round tablet in my palm. I swallowed it dry without water. I coughed a little when the medicine hit my sandpaper throat.

Les tossed me a water bottle. Not really a proper way to treat a patient but since this was Les, I couldn't say I set a very high expectation to begin with. It was just a 3 columns list when it came to Les's actions.