23- Powerless but fine

I'm going to watch guardian of the galaxy vol.2 I'm so pumpeddd. This chapter is unedited and action packed but JaLes shipper, here you go. Sorry, Cryonamie army. You'll get your chapter later :D

- Ida

Chapter 23- Powerless but fine

A lady in white dress pants wrapped some sort of a wrist band around my wrist before I could enter. It was light blue with the name of the conference written on it in white friendly letters.

"For free photos with your favorite superheroes, just show them the wrist band." The lady smiled wanly at me before going back to give out more wrist bands.

The arched entrance was decorated with white roses and loose crimson ribbons swaying in the wind and hitting my face. White ceramic flowerpots about my height stood on either side of the dark blue carpet path toward the stage. White rose petals lied scattered on the dark blue surface, waiting to be stomped on by the people.

Behind the stage, the colossal and grand city hall stood majestically. It was no doubt the most beautiful architecture in this whole city. The ivory colored surface of the domes had some gray trails of rainwater running down them along with some smudge of dirt. That just made the building looked more realistic. 

They should sue the pigeons that ruined such fine art just because they had chronic diarrhea.

The weather was quite stormy. Dark gray cloud cast shadow down on us. The wind was quite strong and the humidity of the air suggested it would rain soon. It was Cloudburst's doing. She would have the upper hand in every fight in the rain. Also, the last time Cryonics and I encountered her under manipulation, it was raining and the control they had on her wavered. The lightning storm must have interfered with the signal. 

Good thing they didn't have the conference set up inside the facility.

I pushed pass the thick crowd to get to the stage. It was like paddling against very strong current of neck deep water but if you fell over, you would not drown but stomped to death under mud caked shoes. Might I say there were people who dressed up in superheroes costumes among the crowds too. They would give me vengeful glares if I accidentally stumbled into their hand-made costumes.

After a long wait where I finished a bag of ruffles and one Ferraro Rocher, the superheroes finally started marching up on the stage. Their boots clapped on the hollow stage as they walked up one by one. 8 superheroes's eyes under the mask stared off into distant, not registering what was happening. Titan, Cloudburst, and Tornado were seriously outnumbered even with me and Cryonics's help. The crowd's cheering rose as they pushed against each others to get as close to the supers as possible. 

"Jamie, can you hear me?" Titan's voice rang in my head. 

"What?" I asked him back in my mind.

"Get the gun ready. You'll need it. Help me contain the attack if one happens. Did Cryonics tell you anything?"

"No. He is still inside the facility." I raised my brows. "Why?"

"Take off the wrist band, kid." He told me. "Quick."

I grabbed the hem of the blue wristband and ripped it off. To my surprised, there was some fine tendrils underneath it, sticking to my skin. I yanked it off, feeling it stinging a little. 

"What the hell?" I whispered, examining the thin silvery thread that was dripping red liquid I guessed was my blood. 

"I don't know. That's all I found out. Warn Cryonics." He ordered. "My guess is they are trying to control the citizens too."

"Got it." I nodded at him and spoke into my microphone. "Cryonics, take off the wrist band now. Aunt Casey, they are planting the receiver devices on everyone. We need to get people out."