27-2- Failsafe? More like Failed Save.

Unedited. It' short because it's part 2 but it would still make a chapter too long. So I divided it.

A change in POVS as requested :D I'm not sure if it's good since Cryonics is a guy and I have been writing a girl (Jamie)'s POV since forever. Anyway, I hope you like it :)

The doodle up there is of smol Cryonics I did. I know he has a cape but hey drawing capes is fun :D

- Ida

Chapter 27 Part 2- Failsafe? More like Failed Save.

Cryonics's POV

"Thought the kid would put on a better show." A super in pale gray suit, illusionist, sighed. "Is he dead? You got him?"

"I think I did. I don't know. The kid's fast." Another super in dark red suit kept the gun barrel on my head, pressing my cheek onto the fluffy carpeted floor that reeked horrible smell of shoes. Mud caked shoes that had been stomping all over Brackenbridge.

"Clearly not fast enough."

The guy, then, nudged me in the ribs with the pointy leather shoe.

Not nudge, actually. I'd say shove and that would still be an understatement.

I sucked in a shallow breath, not making it too explicit that I was still breathing. It took everything in me to just lay still and play dead instead of jumping up and punching them both in the face.

Wait, I couldn't jump. I couldn't even stay on both feet.

Should anything goes wrong in near future, I wouldn't have to pretend to be dead.

What a lovely day.

In retrospect , I needed to buy some time for Magician to destroy the machine that distributed Hypno's brain wave without triggering the bomb planted on the courtyard in front of the city hall. That's where the citizens were at. We couldn't move them since they had now slipped into a trance at the same time and decided to do an impression of a statue.

I didn't really want to entrust such complicated task to Magician but our pursuers were closing in on us. He wasn't too keen on fighting and sending him out to buy me time instead of other way around, would be considered as forcing him to commit suicide.

And that would become a murder. With me as the murderer.

I would not fancy that title.

That was why I got the difficult part while he got the complicated part. I was a decoy. A distraction. I lured the gullible villains away from the control room where Magician was working at.

I had everything under control (of course) until I kicked a villain right on his face, fracturing my ankle in the process because that asshole changed his skin into solid steel the second I landed a very forceful kick on his jaw.

I must admit playing dead wasn't the best strategy (could even be considered worst) but my right leg was crippled so I couldn't escape no matter how much I wanted to. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I could feel coldness prickling on my leg where the injury was. My healing ability was already repairing my damaged bone but it would take some time.

"What are you 2 idiotz doingz?" A feminine voice with thick weird accent asked. I recognized the buzzing sound at the end of her words and took a guess it was Eel-ectra. Jay took her down before the attack happened so we completely forgot about capturing her.

"We've got one of them here, Electra." Illusionist replied. I felt the pressure of the tip of the gun on my temple shifted a little.

"Letz me zee. Give me the gunz."