19- Kaboom

Chapter 19- Kaboom

Aqua World looks like a very tall jelly dome. The glass wall reveals 4 floors inside with different exhibitions on each. Deep-Sea. Marine Life. Fresh Water Wonders. Rain forest Revisit. The most amazing built-in structure was the tall glass tube about 6 meters in diameter that has its base on the first floor and ends on the terrace which is a cafe. The tube exhibits colorful fish and corals.

The woman Aunt Casey told us about was standing on the glass dome covering half of the terrace. Blue LED light from the big dolphin-shaped sign illuminated her pale face. Her eyes was deep set and dark rings underneath them looked so black that it seemed unsettling. Her eyes doesn't even seem to have any color to it. Her thinning fair hair draped upon her shoulder like a shawl, whipping about in the wind. She was laughing hysterically. Her bony fingers clutched on the flag pole on the very top.

The pale blue mental hospital gown hanging on her skeletal frame completed the look.

We decided that me flying up there and saying hi to her would be a little too explicit for an entrance.

"Do you know who is that lady screaming like a dying banshee up there?" Cryonics asked my aunt.

"Wait a second, kids. Maria Michel. Attempted to escape from the asylum 5 times. She is a 151 years old super. Her grave is--"

"Grave? 151 years old?" Cryonics asked. "what is this? Ghost hunter program?"

"She was born on 1866." I said, suddenly remembering what I had read yesterday. "This is Cicatrix. She has healing power. That's why she lives this long."

"A 151 years old psycho with healing power? That doesn't sound so aggressive." Cryonics confirmed before turning to me. "You can wait here if you want to."

I had a chance to meet Cicatrix AKA the only hope for healing Les. I wasn't going to sit this one out for sure. "Can't let you have all the fun now, can I?" I asked. You could say I was happy that Cicatrix suddenly showed up just when I needed her to.

"Eager, aren't we, fire girl?" The ice super tilted his head to one side, smirking slightly. The gesture that made him resemble a curious blue eyed kitten. (Clearly not Mochi.)

Cryonics glided up the side of the building while I flew up behind Cicatrix. He would attempt to ask what's her deal and asked her nicely to stop trying to wake up the neighbors.

Which would definitely work like magic.

Yeah.

Cryonics stepped upon the terrace. "Good evening. I'm here to escort you down to the ground safely."

"Ah, superhero." She had strong French accent. Her voice was so high pitched. Like nails raking on the chalkboard. "I was told your kind would come. I just wasn't expecting you. Where's the super girl in red?"

"Jamie? Cryonics? Are you guys alright over there?" Aunt Casey shouted into our earpieces. "Titan may need a little help over here! It's not just Tornado, kids! Cloudburst and Raider decided to join the party! They've got my invention. It's not looking good! Please hurry!"

"Alright. I'll be there in a second." Cryonics said, keeping his eyes trained on the psycho woman. He built a giant box of ice, containing Cicatrix inside. She sighed heartily, looking bored even though ice was covering her from neck to toe. "Titan needs out help. Let's go." He said quickly before gliding off the building.

"Don't you want to know why I asked for you?" Cicatrix asked.

I stepped closer to the ice box, muting the microphone on me. "What do you want from me?"