21- Take off the mask, then

We've reached 1.3k views? Ahhhhhh XD TYSM guys for the nice comments and votes. Really encouraged me to write more and more!

I'm trying to wrap this up

Don't forget to vote if you like this chapter :D

- Ida

Chapter 21 – Take off the mask, then

Never confess to your crush at 9 PM in the evening unless you want that person to not get any sleep and end up looking like a zombie in the morning. Or early afternoon.

That was exactly what happened to me. I blamed Les.

Actually, It was partially Kat and Sammie's fault too since they wouldn't stop with the interrogation until they got what they wanted; me becoming a blushing and stuttering embarrassment. 

My plan of busting Isaac or Cryonics was over before it could even start. My mind was so occupied with something else.

But I did call Collin because I must admit I felt a little guilty being on a vacation when the city was left with only two superheroes.

And bunch of super villains.

Apparently, Cryonics was actually fighting crime with Titan last night. The video footage on the internet suggested so too. And, according to my future uncle, the kid was quieter than usual.

He didn't even butt into our phone conversation to annoy me like he used to.

I didn't know if I should be relief or concerned.

Sammie didn't understand why was I stressing out when my feeling was reciprocated.

She didn't know about Les's Leukemia.

Kat seemed concerned, probably knowing the epilogue wouldn't be pretty.  

"So Logan likes you?" She repeated after gave her a very brief recap of what happened, her eyes widening in surprise.

"Seems like it." I whispered, my voice muffling into my pillow because I was scared they would see me glow like a fairy.

Too many thoughts were colliding like particles when heated. I was too happy to focus and also mad at the same time.

"Tell me you caught feelings too." Sammie laughed.

"No, I—I don't know." I groaned, frustrated. "Could I?"

"Could you?" Sammie repeated. "What kind of question is that? Absolutely yes!"

"Oh, she does, trust me, Sam." Kat chuckled, patting my back lightly. "That's why her face is facing the pillow and not us. I know her well enough to see even though she's in denial."

"Who wouldn't have seen that though?" Sammie added. "We saw this coming miles away. I'm gonna go grab some popcorn because this is like watching a movie. And I'm hungry." She bounced up, skipping over to the small kitchen counter.

"Oh, you two are immature idiots." Kat face-pillowed. "Four years, Jamie. Took you both four years to realize you actually fell for your arch enemy. Great job, Devlin."

"Gee, thanks!" I huffed sarcastically. "We're both stupid, yes. Now what, Kat?"

"I want to jump up and down and clap till my hands hurt because this is just perfect. It really is. But, Jamie,—" Kat sniffed, straightening up her posture. "Logan doesn't have much time left." She whispered. "I'm worried for you."