7- 2 min 58 sec

We are on chapter 7! Do you like this book so far? Let me know in comment section! Vote if you like this story :) I'll be uploading my drawing of the characters soon so stay tuned!

- Ida

Chapter 7- 2 min 58 sec

Les didn't crash his car. He may have gotten himself at least 3 speeding tickets though. He was complaining a little because he didn't get his bottle of Coca Cola back. The bottle exploded from high temperature halfway to the practice. The car was not affected that much because Les was the one that had gotten it worst.

The red plastic lid created a shallow dent in the ceiling of his car when it was shot up. We both got brown stain on our clothes but Les got his hair washed too.

I just threw food at Les twice today.

Wow.

To not freak him out, I blamed the deed on the harsh Brackenbridge summer temperature. He didn't quite buy that but then again, what else were the logical possibilities?

He had a hard time trying to clean up and drive at the same time while I had a hard time trying to stay cool about him multitasking like that. (Also cool as in literally trying to get my temperature down too.)

We hopped down the car and headed toward the entrance with a big mascot of Coldfront standing on the side of it. The color was peeling off and the white emblem on his chest was covered in dust particles from the street. "That doesn't look like the Coldfront at all." Les commented and I nodded. He pushed open the big glass door. We earned a disapproving look from the blonde woman behind the counter in front because Les was creating a trail of Coca Cola drops behind him.

The long hallway of the place was painted in cool gray tone. There were medals and trophies put on display inside glass boxes. Figure skating. Speed skating. After skimming over names on medals, trophies, and plates, I could tell that Leicester Logan was responsible for at least 60% of these prizes.

I was quite surprised. I knew he was a talented athlete at school but I had never heard of him getting these prizes. That meant he accomplished all these in only 4 years. I was quite positive that if he had won any tournament when we were still close, he'd make sure that I won't ever hear the end of it. He defeated me in CLUEDO once and he had never failed to bring that up every time anyone mentioned this game.

There was a yellow vending machine next to the water cooler which Les literally drained it of water in about 2 minutes after reaching it. "Impressed?" He grinned cockily behind the conic paper cup. "You do figure skating?" I asked.

"Sometimes. But most of the time, I'd say I'm more of a speed skating guy." He crumpled up the paper cup and threw it in the bin, turning on his heels and sauntered toward the end of the straight hallway.

I was startled a little when he asked without looking back; "So, you have a personal vendetta against me or something?"

Heck yes. "For the sake of manner appropriateness, no." I replied curtly. "Why?"

"Well, in case you haven't noticed, you have ruined every changing of clothes I brought today with food." He asked, pushing his fizzy drink dampened hair back. "And you didn't spare my car."

I looked down at the cocoa cola stain on my top. "I really didn't mean it, Logan." I sighed. "Sorry."

"Guess I can only respond with it's alright." Les pointed at the white door to our right where the shouting and laughter were coming from. "That door leads to the skate rink. You can go wait over there."

"Where are you going?"

"Locker room. I don't think Coca Cola is an appropriate attire for ice skating." He then smirked teasingly at me over his shoulder. "It's usually reserved for boys but you're welcome to follow, Devlin."