29- A Fall in Summer

Somehow you guys seem to like the change in POV so I decided to try it again :D This is still unedited so there maybe some typos and mistakes.

I was writing this chapter and when I opened up wattpad to post it, I realized we have reached 10K reads! So, thank you guys for being here XD I'll go celebrate by opening a new packet of Nacho chips.

-Ida

Chapter 29- A Fall in Summer

Jamie's POV

19: 53 PM

Strong wind seemed to be trying to rip me off the plane as I swung myself up to the roof. Flying right next to high speed moving vehicle wasn't a nice idea. I could get sucked into the turbine even when I had no cape on my super suit. The slick surface of the roof was slippery from all the precipitation from the cloud. I created a small excavation on the side of the plane with metal on the edge still fire red in color and sizzling like boiling water. I leaped inside the plane against the air current and crashed into rows of leather seats.

I forced myself to get up and kicked down the door to the pilot's compartment to reveal Veronica Rocestor.

Her honey golden haired was neatly tucked into high ponytail and her silk green dress suit and pants looked like everything but a super suit of a super villain. I noticed she was busy clasping on a military style parachute bag. She had her back to me and was struggling to open the handle of the door to the outside, abandoning the plan to meet its fate.

And Brackenbridge to meet its doom along with its neighbors.

I flew over and tackled her to the floor. "Turn the plane back right now." I demanded in a cold tone, keeping my arm on her neck, pressing her to the ground.

"You can fight me here and let the whole town perish or you can go ahead and fail at trying to stop this plane while I escape. I suggest you choose one." She laughed lightly as if this was just a press conference and I was being a rude journalist.

"It's over, Veronica. Your daughter is down there, might I remind you." I threatened. Suddenly, the plane rattled violently. I peeked at the window to see how close we were to crashing and it wasn't a good idea. Veronica's elbow caught me in my side, throwing me off her.

"The fate of the city is in my hand and you're still saying I lost?" She sighed, making her way toward the door again as I surrounded her with fire. "See, this is what's wrong with superheroes. The movies and comic books portrayed them as these undefeated immortals while villains always lose. How about a role reversal in tight situation like this, dear?"

So the mayor was really oblivious to all these operations undergoing his eyes everyday under the commands of his own wife. So, Les was wrong about one thing. Rocestor really went through all the difficulties to save his daughter.

From her very own evil mother.

Change of plan. I wasn't going to ask her the basic "Why are you doing this" question anymore because A) This woman was a psycho. She didn't even care about her own daughter and B) I could interrogate her later while seated in a soft armchair sipping hot chocolate with extra whip cream if I didn't waste my time talking. 

I was hopeless when it came to hand-to-hand combat. My power could easily kill her and I didn't want to. I was too focused on not killing her instead of defeating my enemy.

"What would it be, little hero?" She chuckled lowly. "This plane is crashing any seconds now. Will you fly away like a coward or die with it like a hero."

Or I could make it crash before it land.

Cryonics's POV

19: 49 PM