14- Break out of your shell!

A punny filler chapter but I have smth BIG planned for the next one! :D If there's any mistakes or confusing parts in my story (except for the identity part ;)), feel free to comment and let me know. I got some nice comments saying I should start coming up with ship names haha. I hvnt thought of one yet so if anyone wants to suggest any shipnames for any ships at all, I'm all ears :D

-Ida

Chapter 14- Break out of your shell!

Nothing is better than a nice and cold shower at the end of a long and tiring day where people tried to kill you.

However, brushing dampened hair after the shower was a pain. I felt as if the comb was trying to skin my scalp.

Cold water droplets splashed onto the mirror surface as I tried to comb down my tangled, wet hair.

That's one of my top ten pet peeves.

Dry water marks on the mirror.

After a very tragic accident that involved me breaking the only comb I had into halves, I gave up.

I could try and use my power to solve this but ,then again, I didn't want to end up like Electra earlier that day.

I was still in my white bath robe. It was so large I looked as if I was sinking inside the fabric. I laced my fingers together inside the wide sleeves and looked into the mirror at my funny reflection. I called the bath robe Yoda costume when I was younger.

(Unlike the girls in the movies, the perfect towel wrap was an achievable idea for me. It just wouldn't stay on.)

I heard Kat's scream ringtone from outside the bathroom and heaved a sigh at the followed sound of my cat hissing.

Destroy my phone, Mochi shall.

My parents went to Les's to pick it up before coming over here. Honestly, they should just disown it for a few days.

My hand stopped halfway to the doorknob when realization hit me.

I forgot to bring my phone back home today.

Who brought it over here?

I slowly opened the door, my free hand snatching a cream colored vanilla scented candle from the shelf as my horrible weapon of choice.

I ignited flame with a snap of my finger. Sweet waft of vanilla hit my nose and rose colored flame danced gracefully, balancing itself on the white candle wick and adding warm glow to my room.

Such a perfect setting for a fight. Not.

Battle with the intruder in style, I will.

Mochi was slapping at my phone on the dark blue blanket with its soft paws, making it bounced up and down dangerously near the edge of the bed.

I scanned the room for anything out of places and anyone who was not supposed to be there. Finding none, I trudged over to the bed and snatched the phone away from Mochi's perimeter. Water from my hair dropped into the feline making it hiss at me in annoyance.

There was a white post-it note sticked to the back of it. I read the written note in unfamiliar handwriting;

For the sake of the neighbors' mental and physical health, Jamie, change your ringtone!!!