15- Snowfall

Chainsmokers&Coldplay's Something just like this got stuck in my head. Can't seem to get it out.
Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo
- Ida

Chapter 15- Snowfall

Dark gray cloud gathered above my head. Seemed like it's not done raining. I ran past the thin wailing cat in the corner took a peek at the narrow alley. 

2 figures were standing—no—only one was standing and that's Cryonics. Another was crouching down on the wet pavement, trembling. She has walnut colored skin and unruly dark hair that was usually tucked in her iconic neat bun. Her sparkly supersuit looked unusually dull and smudged with mud. 

Maybe nature is not responsible for the heavy rain this time.

"Cloudburst?" I heard Cryonics said as he knelt down to meet her level. 

She looked up suddenly, causing him to jumped backward. Her eyes were shining intense blue light. She was crying and tear were still pouring from her eyes but then, she burst out laughing. Her mouth formed a snarl in a very twisted way. 

I couldn't believe this was the super that made it rain candies on Christmas and dressed up as Santa to amuse the kids.

I swallowed hard. I don't like the look of this. Cryonics hadn't noticed my presence yet.

"What's wrong, Cloud?" Cryonics asked, slowly approaching her again. Cloudburst waved her hands and lightning bolt strike down. The deafening sound drowned out my warning to Cryonics.

I leaped over, pushing Cryonics out of the way. We slid over the dirty ground as rain poured down heavily, preventing us from seeing the superhero. The ground that Cryonics was standing on was blackened and smoke rose from the tiny crate engraved on it.

"What are you doing here? I told you to wait there!" He shouted at me. 

"A little thank you would be nice." I huffed, snapping my fingers and ignited a ball of flame on my palm. It was so powerful that the raindrops around it vaporized when it got too near. Cloudburst walked over to us. Her halo of curly hair whipped around her head in the whirlwind. Cryonics created a shield-shaped ice sheath and pulled me behind him, letting the shield absorb the strong wind.

Cloudburst's high pitched laugh rang in my ears, making me feel dizzy. I didn't know a superhero has such evil and maniac laugh too. Then, the laughter seized. Her shouted echoed around. "Help! Stop me!"

She controls weather. And she didn't look so stable at the moment. She was laughing but the next moment she was screaming for Cryonics to help her. She was being manipulated. 

"Hello, Jack Frost." She switched back to her cool and evil mode again. (I kinda like her more in her psycho mode.) "What do you think of a game of freeze tag, huh? The rule's simple. You freeze me before I do something bad."

Her long cackle drawled on as she brought another thunder down to the nearest tree. It turned into ash.

"No!" She suddenly screamed, touching the back of her neck with her long fingers. Blood was smeared on her palm when she retreated her hands from her neck. The blue light was gone. Her hazel green eyes was full of panic. "Don't follow me--!"

I watched in terror as she tried to contain the storm before taking off. The wind picked her slender figure up into the air and carried her away as if she weighed less than a leaf.

"She's one of Hypno's victim." He said through gritted teeth. 

"Then, why are we not effected?" I asked him, scanning the area for the super villain.