27- 1- Failsafe? More like Failed Save.

I know this is a lil shorter than other chapter but, hey, since a lot of you want it, NEW POV will DEFINITELY be in the upcoming part 2, guys ;)

Summer's officially over for me. I have school now so the update will be slowed down according to the amount of homework my teachers assigned. I'm still a 12th grader so school is my priority :D

I'll be adding playlist for this book later :)

PS. #10 in adventure? WHATTTTT??? O___O Thanks for the read, votes, and comments, guys!!!

- Ida

Chapter 27 part 1- Failsafe? More like Failed Save.

We are used to villains losing in the end and the idea that good will always trample evil. 

Well, we are about to see if that's a tautology.

How will the epilogue of this be written down as?

I didn't have good feelings about that since I was the one holding the pen this time and I had reputation to write unfinished and confusing stories with large amount of unexpected deaths for role plays in drama classes....

(A/N large amount of unexpected deaths, eh? Sound like my style of writing :D)

There'd be real death, not just fake one with ketchup, overly exaggerated coughing, and loud emotionless screams we see in school theater.

I had been to a meeting less intense than this roundtable discussion with superheroes who were just trying to kill each other a few hours ago. Even the large pastel blue whale plush smiling in the middle of the table couldn't lighten up the atmosphere which was apparently filled with dark cloud and lightning storm.

Literally.

Cloudburst had too much nervous energy and Titan's round mahogany table took the worst hit. That's why Magician was pulling an orange umbrella from his black top hat. Tornado was asking him to share the umbrella but Magician wasn't too keen on sharing with a guy that just attempted to kill him.

However, the main source this intense vibe was radiating from wasn't them.

It was Cryonics glaring at a certain guy in my drama class who was occasionally late for everything.

At the exact same time some important and super attacks occurred.

If look could kill, Isaac Thornton would be dead by now. 

"Just let me go." He sighed. The handcuffs chaining his wrists rattled as he tugged at it. His appearance didn't change one bit. He was still the guy with glasses that was as clumsy and awkward as me. Minus that evil glint in his eyes which were a tad greener than what they appeared to be. His skin was also tanned and his hair honey colored.

I guessed it had something to do with his super power. He was, after all,suited up in dark olive green super suit with texture that resembles scales of reptile animals.

He had given up on trying to escape since he realized he couldn't use his power.

Which meant this was his real identity. Not just another face of Chameleon.

I felt sick when I thought back to the time I actually thought he was Cryonics. It had always been the other way around. He was absent from school to aid the villains in the attack while Les was absent because he was trying to stop Isaac.

That explained the battered look he had whenever he arrived late.

It was probably Cryonics's who caused those bruises.