22- Sidekick starter pack

This book documents my writing crash course as much as Jamie's superhero crash course, Srsly XD

My respect goes to those who manages to write more than 1 chapter everyday. Like howwwww????

- Ida

Chapter 22- Sidekick starter pack

I was about to grab the edge of his mask but Cryonics stumbled backward deliberately, smirking. I gave him an unamused look. I knew he wasn't going to let me get what I wanted so easily. I forgot Cryonics loved games

"What?" He asked innocently. "I told you to just take off the mask. Do it."

Every time I got close, he would stepped away. Not too far from my reach but far enough to fuel my frustration.

"Cryonics." I warned, stepping forward but he just side stepped, getting away again.

"Come on. Aren't you going to at least fight for it?" He asked amusingly, shooting some ice at me which I evaporated them with my red flame.

"Alright, Frosty." I grumbled and lunged at him, shooting some fireball his way. Cryonics dodged, tackling me. I sprung up, flying above him. "I thought you're supposed to catch me." He taunted, grabbing my ankle swiftly and hauled me down to the grass. Old trick, Frosty. I smirked, pulling my leg backward violently, causing him to stumble forward.

I reached my hands out to grab his mask but he grabbed both of my hands and turned my around. I let out a yelp and tried to break free but he got pretty good grip on my wrists despite using only one hand. I could feel his cool breath on my cheek and and shivers ran down my neck.

Not the kind of shivers you get when you are walking in a dark alley and look over your shoulder to see moving shadows.

"Is that all you got?" He whispered, light laugh edging his voice. My annoyance accumulated every passing seconds, knowing he was just toying with me.

Fat chance I could defeat him.

"Not really, no." I huffed and jammed my elbows into his stomach. He let out a wheeze and stumbled backward. I sent a ball of fire right at him but he managed to block it with his ice shield. Letting out a long breathe, I charged at him but he just pivoted on his feet and there I went, falling over myself again.

That move kind of gave me a dejavu. But, hey, I fell over on daily basis so it's quite impossible to pinpoint where did the feeling came from.

When he got closer, probably to end this comically mismatched duel, I landed a kick on the shield the same time as a fireball and took that opportunity to stand up again. His shield broke into small pieces of ice, scattering around on the grass.

"Impressive, Jamie. But I don't fancy losing." He noted and without warning, swept my legs off beneath me. I landed on my back. The impact knocked all the air off my lungs, leaving me breathless. Smell of grass filled my nose and morning cool dew drops on the grass blade dampened the back of my t-shirt. Cryonics walked over just yanked the crimson mask off my face too easily. "Seems like I just won." He twirled the mask playfully, faking an exaggerated yawn to humiliate me even more. "And correct me if I'm wrong because I think I just swept you off your feet, Jamie."

More like pulling a rug under my feet.

I let out a muffled groan and glared at him. "You didn't plan on letting me know in the first place."

"If you did win, I may have let you take a peek." He said amusingly, extending his hand to pull me up. I grabbed it and hauled him down to the ground because he deserved a slap from mother earth herself for lying to me.