I Have A Thing For The Hot Nerd - 22

26/8/2016 Adventure Club – Limitless 
Chapter 22

There was a huge crash and a scream before I saw my cousins and aunt running down the path in a hurry.
"What the hell was that?" Will spoke, standing up and holding his hand out, picking me up; my eyes caught the gaze of Jay's while the trio ran from a little old lady screaming at them. I raised an eyebrow in question, expecting an answer
"Len doesn't run fast enough, it's each man for themselves" Dotty screamed, trying to hail a cab. I laughed and jogged over to them while we hid out of sight of the staff, waiting for a cab for my aunt.
"What happened?" Will asked, his eyes still absent but his voice there.
"I wanted to see what the ladies' bathroom is like, dude you have PINK DOORS! why do we never get that? just a floor covered in piss and one cubicle with profanities covered in it" Aaron huffed, folding his arms.
"I thought no one was in there!" He tried to save himself but nothing was working at the minute.

"My god" I laughed, trying to push everything to the back of my mind until I just collapsed. We laughed awkwardly although Will and I stayed out of the conversation for the most part, grabbing us from our daze when his phone rang.
"Hello?" Will said, eyebrows knotted in confusion
"Yeah - is she okay? - I'll be there by midnight " Will said ending the call and looking at me with rage, pity and sympathy.
" We need to leave these guys and get back to Miami right now" He spoke, looking at me with terrifying eyes.
"Wha-?" I wondered but he shut it down, storming over to the car and getting it before he sped in front of us, I looked back and hugged everyone, worried and panicking, the anxiety mirrored in each of my family members' eyes.
"I'll call you" I shouted to my Aunt Dotty, wait awkwardly and sliding into the passenger seat of my car.

The drive back to Miami was intense, we had stopped off at the cabin and I grabbed my pre-packed bag and sprinted back to my car, my head reeling and my mind even more messed up, Will got onto his bike and I followed him all the way back, my heart racing with each mile closer we got.

"Will what's going on?" I said, panicking after getting out of the car at the general hospital in Miami, I was even more fearful now after passing the turn off to my house and now we were here I was utterly petrified "Will! why are we here?!" I shouted, stopping still in the parking lot, shaking and pale. Blood scraped across my knees and calves and my coat was brandished from the skidding of my body back outside the restaurant.

He sighed, walking away and stopped; pushing his hair back off of his head before he swivelled around slowly and took a deep breath
"Teena got hit by a car and it's critical" He said, his own skin was green and terror sat in his eyes. "I think it might have been Liam- I think he made the call because it's labelled as a hit and run" Will finally answered me, my whole world stopped and my heart completely silenced
"No, no, no, no" I chanted quietly to myself. No tears came, just anger and worry; my legs were numb but they moved without my warrant, up to Will and past him.

Too much was happening, Will was with me now but at what cost? I should've went with Liam when I had the chance because I would so much rather it was me hurt than my little sister, she didn't know what was going on or what had went on. I felt sick, my feet stomped up the concrete ramp with Will behind me, saying my name and trying to grab at me but I manoeuvred my way around nurses and patients in the dead of night. My eyes were scorched from the burning white lights that flickered eerily like a moment in a horror film, blue leather covered chairs were spat around the room where people waited to be seen were sat down. People rushed around awkwardly trying to tend to patients in an emergency, others waiting for their loved ones and some just hovering doing nothing.

I rushed through and approached the big desk that was illuminated by the overhead lamps, the big letters of the hospital's name stamped onto the grey wall behind it. I rushed to the light coloured wood and approached the large woman behind the desk who sifted through trays of files with her brightly coloured gel nails. I panicked, waiting for the person in front of me to hurry up and let me get to the secretary.
"Teena Williams please" my words jumbled while my sweaty palms slipped on the counter top
"What relation are you to her honey?" The woman asked turning her attention to the old fashioned computer and typing in the words slowly, her nails so long they were catching other keys.
"Her sister" my body shook and I felt bile rise in my throat, wishing it would go away.
"I'm sorry honey, she's in surgery at the moment but she will be in a private room, Floor 3 Ward 32 room 76a" she said simply looking around on a computer before her sympathetic eyes met mine.

I jumped on the spot , Will by my side as I threw a 'Thank you' over my shoulder and ran into the elevator not even bothering to see if anyone else wanted in. I felt weird, like an outer body experience and the fact that with every move I made Will was trying to calm me down for the baby didn't help either. After what seemed like hours but was in fact 2 minutes I burst through Tee's door to her private room. Everyone was there, wiping tears and shaking with worry. My dad cradled a sleeping Elle in his arms while Dean leant against the window and my aunt Lilly leant into his chest while he hugged her.
"What happened?" I cried out, everyone looked at me like I was a stranger with shock and awe.

I turned, Will holding the door behind him as the wheels of a bed scraped noisily across the floor.
"She got a text saying you were outside, I was putting Elle to bed so I didn't know. I watched the CCTV as soon as I could, there was a car at the top of the street and as soon as she left the headlights came on and it drove for her" My dad whispered, trying not to break down. "Paige, you have to stay now, no more mind games and running away; your family needs you" He finished, laying my sister on the chair beside him and stretching.

The bed emerged from the doorway and two male nurses pushed it through and began to put the brakes on the bed while the doctor appeared, hooking her up to drips, testing her blood pressure and blood oxygen all the while we sat and stared at her. Tee was laid on the bed with a splint across her right leg, a back brace and a neck supporter. Blood was crusted at her lips and bruises were splattered around her body like paint through a straw. My heart broke and as soon as there was space I ran to her side, grabbing her hand tightly and resting my head on her bed.
"Tee. I'm sorry" I whispered, my fingers stroked her scraped knuckles and looked at the nails that were chipped and bloodied.

I heard a body wracking sob from my Aunt and shuffling, listening to the doctor
"She's got a hairline fracture in her shin, she's suffered some bad internal bleeding but we've managed to stop that.. she's also broke the knuckles on her right hand and combined with the bruising on her spine she has cracked on rib and has whiplash" The doctor said like it was no problem, he flipped through the sheets on the clipboard and put it in the basket at the foot of the bed.
"I suggest you contact Police Mr.Williams" He sighed, looking over at my crumpled body over my sister "We're monitoring her closely but we will need to keep her in an induced coma while we take her back and forward for brain scans and such" The man said.

I broke my heart, bleeding tears into her skin while she lay still and stiff.
"I love you, Teena"

3�6ƹ�-