I Have A Thing For The Hot Nerd - 25

3/9/2016
The Neighbourhood – Silver

Chapter 25

Will

I tapped my foot against the tiles angrily, waiting for the woman to allow me to purchase some treats for myself
"You sure you want this? I mean if you get this one you get a free bag of Cheetos" the blonde bimbo at the counter asked me for the 7th time, reaching over the counter and looking at me as her boobs pressed against the table top.
"Nope, just these" I stated, pointing towards the flowers, Pepsi and teddy bear that lay waiting for death.
"But-"
"No, no please for the love of God PLEASE let me go" I cried, getting the money that Paige had given me out of my pocket.

She twirled bleach blonde hair around a long, manicure nailed finger and chewed her gum loudly, blowing bubbles between pink lips and blinking at me through heavy mascara. Even her uniform she had managed to make it her own, cutting a V down the front of it and wrapping a white belt around her waist.
"If you don't want those then can I offer you something better?" She winked and slid her number over the counter; I slid the note back and waited for her to scan the items so I wasn't labelled the hospital thief.
"Look, it is 10 at night and I really need to get back to my girlfriend" I said bluntly, my stomach dropped and I was filled with anxiety, I had a horrible premonition, something was wrong ... very wrong.

The girl tutted, slapped her lips together and scanned the items and removed the security tag from them as slowly as possible.
"There's no lip gloss in hell" I whispered angrily, shoving the money into her hand and grabbing the receipt and items before storming out of the gift shop and towards the elevator with an angry force. I got to the elevator and clicked the button, luckily it came straight away but as the doors opened a bunch of nurses and paramedics rushed into it, pulling a large bed into it with drips and blood everywhere.

Shivering I turned and pushed the heavy double doors open with my side and took the stairs slowly, trying to keep calm and be chill but my breath was already bated and my heart pounded. The steps were in intervals of short, steep ones and long steady ones which I switched my pace on, avoiding touching the rails or falling against the walls for fears I would not get back up, just hoping my anxiety was nothing to worry about.
"109, 110, 111!" I announced to myself as I reached the floor Teena's room was on my breathing bated.

I stepped onto the ward and looked around, it was eerie today with some of the bulbs at the end of the corridor out or flickering, the janitor hadn't emerged from the toilets and the window of Tee's room had the blinds closed, with a furrowed brow I stormed over and pushed the handle down, the door jammed at first but I used my shoulder to throw it open, falling into the empty space.

I expected to see Paige talking to herself, leaning over Tee sleepily but the room was empty, there were different shades and spatters of blood on the floor, the hospital bed wasn't overturned but was moved at the bottom so it jutted out diagonally and touch the wall, the blinds and the back window were ruined from halfway down. My heart stopped as I saw a strip of emerald coloured material on the floor and Paige's shoes strewn haphazardly.
The light above the bed was emitting a golden glow casting dark shadows aside, a flower from Paige's corsage lay on the ground and the chairs were overturned.

I grabbed the phone and sprinted towards the emergency button which was wet with blood and sweat, pressing it down fast and running out of the room and to the information desk I heard the click of my call being answered
"Paige and Teena are gone"