I Have A Thing For The Hot Nerd - 37

Re-edited 26/6/2017

Song of the Chapter – Bombs on a Monday – Melanie Martinez

Chapter 37

I groaned myself awake and turned over with an arm over my eyes, I realised that I was in my bed in my dad's home and in the silence of my room I had time to think, The rest of the day was absolute havoc, the minute the ring was on my finger everyone was in a huge mosh pit of a hug, my heart was in my throat and I realised that the reason Will wore his glasses and had been so nervous combined everything else that it amounted to was because he was proposing to me, he knew I loved it when he was comfortable and without contact lenses, that I loved his casual geekery and the fact that he was so smart overwhelmed me. I was so happy and the selfish side of me was revelling in the fact that I had him on lockdown. On the other hand I realised that the reason I was at my dad's house and the reason there was so much noise was because last night everyone had a get together and to my surprise Carrick allowed EVERYONE in, racing related or not he welcomed everyone to a house party and that included my Doctor, his best friend and his son.

Suddenly the bedroom door squeaked open and the pitter patter of tiny feet marked various areas of the floor and I shut my eyes so fast I thought I may never open them again "Squidgy...wake up" I heard Jackson whisper whilst poking me in the cheek, pretending I was asleep I rolled onto my side and onto a half naked body, Jack's little footsteps went round to the other side of the bed causing me to roll over again feeling like I was running out of options to avoid this child in this godforsaken hour...at least it felt like it was early but I was lazy so it was most likely afternoonish.

When I get up Jake is going to die, I'm actually going to fight him and the fact that he is a medical professional means he can stitch his sorry ass up when I am done. More to the point why and when in the world did Carrick finally have a personality transplant that made him suddenly fun, sociable and human? He drank so much and I was the only sober one in the entire household apart from the children and by children I meant Elle and Jackson, even Tee was throwing back drinks with Robbie and some of the girls that had joined the party from god knows where.

I thought of the carnage in the house, my father sprawled along steps with a plate of nachos by his side and a bottle of Ale spilt across his Ralph Lauren polo, the number of people begging for the bathrooms before they wet themselves. The mess of the – no, I refused to think any more of it, not my house and definitely not my problem.

Squeals erupted from my right, propelling me to jump in the air at the sudden fright the boy had caused
"Put me down uncle Squidgy" I heard Jackson stutter out in-between laughs while Will in his bare chested, bare armed glory picked him up and threw him on the bed, tickling him with such a force that they both needed a break.
"Dammit Will" I groaned and turned over, rolling onto my back and onto what I expected to be the rest of my mattress, I was wrong. With a solid, heavy, thump my entire body just dropped from the bed like a scene from Scooby Doo and I lay on my back for a moment in utter panic and sheer terror, I stared at the ceiling, eyes wide and not moving from my starfish position while I contemplated life.

After the joint snickers of the boys I sat up, using the quilt to heave me upwards because I had an obstacle attached to my body which stopped me doing general day to day things like getting up.
"Jack-Jack, Where is your dad?" I asked with a huff, blowing black, tattered hair out of my face and putting one hand on my hip.The little boy in Will's muscular arms grinned and wiped his eyes with his sleeves
"Hes in the shower" He spoke with a lisp and returned to trying to bite Will who had his entire hand against the child's forehead to stop him.
"Ah-no! No biting" He warned the toddler who pulled a face and nipped him instead.