Eight

A/N: this chapter jumps two weeks ahead but that's because I couldn't think of any ideas of events or anything. But don't worry, there will still be conflicts.

Eliana's POV

Two weeks later

The next two weeks went by surprisingly well. Harry was trying to be nice to me and he had actually gone through with trying to be friends with me. That being said though, that didn't stop him from flirting with Bridgette. I had seen them countless times flirting by the kitchens, the gardens and even outside his chambers. I didn't want to know if they were still sleeping together but frankly, I didn't care. I now had a pretty good idea of what kind of a person Harry was, so I didn't expect a relationship from him.

As of now, his friendship would suffice.

Currently, we were sitting in the library and playing cards.

"Hey, that's not a fair play!" I cried, as Harry placed a card down on the pile in front of us. He smirked and shrugged before mumbling a small "sorry," and waited for me to play my hand. I mumbled swears under my breath and was surprised when Harry leaned towards me from across the table in the library that we were sat at.

"Did you say something?" He smirked. I narrowed my eyes at him and then looked to my cards. I smirked once I found a card that would win me the game. I glanced up at him with a mischievous smile and he gave me a worried look.

"This, is for being a right git," I said as I slammed the card down on the table. He gaped at it for about ten seconds and then tossed his cards onto the table.

"You win," he mumbled, "again."

I smiled cheekily and crossed my arms as I leaned back in my seat. He sighed and rested his head on his hand as he leaned forward on the table. He gazed at me as we sat in silence, and I could feel myself growing a tad bit uncomfortable under his gaze.

"Harry?" I asked, fiddling with my dress.

"Hmm?"

"You're staring," I whispered. He jumped a bit in realization of my words and moved to fix his hair in a rush to look unbothered. I stifled a laugh and sat straight in my seat.

"What shall we do now? I mean-" I was interrupted by the library doors opening and the devil herself, Bridgette, strutting in. Harry sighed and leaned back in his chair, closing his eyes briefly before opening them and meeting mine. He smiled and I offered a small smile back. Then, he looked to Bridgette and, much to my dismay, he winked at her, causing her to smirk.

"Excuse me, your majesties," she greeted, "the king has requested to see the prince. He says it's urgent."

"Very well," he said, standing up. He pushed back his chair and stepped away from the table before rounding it to my side. I looked up at him with a confused look, and was even more shocked when he offered his hand for me to take. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Bridgette drop her mouth slightly, which caused me to lightly smirk. I gently placed my hand in his and let him pull me up.

"Would you like me to drop you off at your chambers, princess?" He asked, looking kindly at me. I smiled and nodded shyly.

"That would be nice," I answered. He smiled and hooked his arm through mine, as I rested my other hand on his arm, and he led us through the library. Before we could exit, he turned back around and looked to Bridgette.

"Could you please clean up my chambers, it's a bit messy from....last night," he mumbled the last part, as he stiffened. I felt the blood rushing to my face as I looked between him and Bridgette to find her smirking deviously and Harry was avoiding eye contact with me.