Twenty Nine

I didn't like the use of Valentina in this book before so I'm changing up her role in this book. She's still going to be a negative role, but just not as annoying as before. 

Eliana's POV

Harry came back late that night. I was sitting up in bed, reading a book from the library, when he came in. He smiled and looked happy, but for some reason, I could see the look in his eye that suggested he was confused about something.

I was too when he hugged me.

It felt different; kind and gentle like usual, but different. 

I furrowed my eyebrows but quickly masked my confusion when he pulled back and pecked my nose. He sat down on the bed next to me.

"Where's Peter?" he asked, placing his hand on my leg.

"With your mother," I replied, "she took him for the night."

He nodded before he looked back at me, "so it's just us?"

I nodded, looking down at my book. I looked back up and rolled my eyes when I saw the devious smirk he had on his face.

"No, Harry," I chided. He whined and leaned over to me.

"Please," he pouted, "we haven't kissed in a long time."

"Nope."

"Why not?"

"Because I wish to read my book," I retorted. He huffed and stood up before he opened the secret door to his room.

"You're no fun," he mumbled. I laughed and stood up, taking my book with me, before following him inside to his room. He had already taken his shirt off and was rummaging around in his drawers for a comfier one. I smiled and walked up to him before I tapped his shoulder. He looked over at me and I smiled, rising up on my toes to peck his lips. He scoffed. 

"Nope," he said, "not going to win me over now."

"Aw," I pouted, "why not."

He turned around in my grasp and clutched his shirt to his chest. I beamed up at him and smiled when I noticed him trying to feign his anger.

"I'm cross with you," he said, pouting. I smirked.

"Really."

"Mhm," he said, nodding his head. I laughed and walked towards the bed.

"Okay then, Peter." I joked. He gasped.

"How dare you bring our child into this," he gasped with fake shock. I shrugged.

"Peter is our child?" I asked, looking at him questioningly with a joking smirk on my face. 

"That's it," he said, "I can't marry you. We can have shared parentage over the child, but I don't want to see you again."

I shrugged before I stood up and made my way towards the secret door. I was just about to go in when he raced over to me and hauled me back into him.

"No, I lied," he cried, "don't leave me."

"I won't," I smiled as he nuzzled his head into my neck, "but Harry, do put on a shirt."

He laughed and let me go to haul his shirt on. I smiled as he grabbed my hand and led me to his bed where he pulled down the covers and gestured for me to get in. I smiled and climbed in and propped myself up against the headboard with my book. He tucked me in quickly before he jogged over to his side of the bed, and climbed in with a smile on his face. I smirked but then began to read my book.

After a while he groaned and poked my cheek.

"Pay attention to me," he said.

"Shhhh."