Twenty: Part One

2.4k reads!!!!! wtf!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!

This chapter fast forwards to the day of their engagement. :)

ALSO PLEASE READ THE A/N AT THE END 

tyty okay read happily now lol.

Eliana's POV

My first thought when I woke up was;

Today is the engagement ceremony. Am I ready? God no.

I woke up to someone poking me from my side of the bed. I peeled my eyes open slowly to find a shy Peter smiling down at me. I smiled kindly at him and blinked my eyes a couple of times to help myself wake up. 

I sat up and as soon as I did, Peter sprang up onto the bed and crawled over onto my lap.

"Hi, your majesty," he smiled. I laughed and sleepily wrapped my arms around the boy. He smiled and ruffled his own curls before he wrapped his tiny arms around my waist in a warm embrace. I smiled and decided to be a bit playful. 

I leaned back and plopped down on the bed with a small bounce, causing Peter to giggle. I turned my head and looked towards the door; it was left ajar. My guess is that Peter had come by to visit Harry and maybe decided to pay a little visit to me as well.

"Call me Ellie, sweetheart," I said, causing him to smile brightly at me.

Did you visit Harry?" I asked. He surprisingly shook his head. He pulled his head up from my chest and peered up at me.

"Yes. He had to leave early for archery practice, but he said I couldn't go because I was small and he wanted to keep me safe," he replied, "I wanted to wake you up so we can go draw again."

My heart warmed at his confession and I smiled brightly before I leaned up to plant a quick kiss on his head. He blushed and smiled shyly before he leaned forward to peck my cheek. We laughed and then I sat up and placed him on the bed next to me before I got up to change.

~

"Okay," I instructed, "the line has to be a bit more curved. Like this, Peter."

I guided his hand across the page and aided him in his endeavour to draw a horse. So far, we had drawn a pumpkin, a dog, and even a portrait of ourselves. Peter had a knack for drawing. It was amazing; the things he could do with a pencil. After I had full confidence that he'd be able to take it from there, I let him go on his own artistic journey and decided to figure out some things for myself.

Since my research expedition with Bridgette, we had surprisingly continued to get along quite well. She's also grown feelings for one of the workers in the kitchen. Liam?

I think that's what his name was.

I've seen them flirt quite often. Harry has even spoken to him a couple of times, during his visits to the kitchen and he's told me that he's quite a lovely person. So at least there's nothing to worry about there.

In terms of the bruises, three more workers in the castle have been affected by these bruises and now I'm starting to think that it's some type of plague that the King has set up somehow. What else could it be?

There's no other answer to it. I mean, there's no way you would be able to get that much bruises on one person. 

It's just a question of how it's spreading, that's got my mind boggled. 

"Princess!" a voice screamed. I turned to the door startled to find Clary rushing into the library, breathless and pale. She gazed at me with worried eyes and a startled expression. Peter looked at her and gazed at me questioningly.