Twenty Four: Part One

Someone asked for a double update but I was asleep when they did so I'll triple update to make up for it.

Also, don't hate me for this chapter. :D

Eliana's POV

I woke up to an empty bed. Harry's side was made up and a simple rose lay in its place. I smiled to myself and sat up before I winced due to a pain coming from my stomach. Furrowing my eyebrows, I unbuttoned my dress and peered down at my stomach only to gasp in shock and fear.

Bruises covered my body, small and circular. I could feel myself tearing up as I quickly and clumsily made my way to the washroom. I stumbled inside and tore my clothes off in a hurried fashion, all while trying to keep my sobs to a minimal.

This can't be happening.

I flung the dress to the floor and faced the mirror. More tears sprung to my eyes as I brought my hands to my mouth. I gazed at myself horrified.

The bruises weren't just on my torso, they were everywhere. Small circular purple circles lined my arms and legs as well as my stomach and sure enough when I poked them, they sent a tingling jolt of pain through me.

"How," I gasped through my sobs. I began to cry my fears out. I couldn't die, I just couldn't. I needed to be there for the kingdom and for Harry. He needs someone to support him and I was and am supposed to be that person. How could this happen? How could-

The King.

He came into my room yesterday, out of nowhere, had tea and left- oh my god....the tea. I quickly fumbled with my dress but when it wasn't getting me anywhere, I swore (courtesy of Harry) and instead chose to wear my robe. I all but raced out of the bathroom, wincing due to the bruises, towards the tray that still held the tea cups. Picking one up, I looked inside for any type of residue that would signify anything other than tea.

Nothing.

I placed it down and slowly and cautiously picked up the other one. I gulped and took in a deep breath as my nerves rose and I peered into it.

The residue from the tea was there, water still in the bottom. I was about to put it down when I noticed something. The tea leaves and tea was still there, but in the midst of that, specks of purple were painted to the cup. It wasn't anything normal.

Shock took over me as my whole body suddenly became numb. The cup that was in my hands dropped to the ground and shattered at my feet, cutting my skin in some places but I couldn't find the energy to care.

I had been poisoned.

I was going to die.

My feet stumbled back, away from the tea tray and I moved towards the door. I couldn't think. I couldn't feel. I couldn't do anything. My mind and body was numb. I could feel my strength slowly withering away from me. But I didn't do anything to stop it; I couldn't do anything to stop it.

I was numb.

I slowly began making my way down the corridor and towards the rooms in which my ladies resided. Various servants noticed my presence in the hallway, some bowed in respect and some offered their assistance upon seeing my weak form, but I just walked past them.

I had finally reached the rooms and knocked on the door. Footsteps were heard making their way towards me but I just stood there with my eyes planted on the wooden door. It soon flung open to a smiling Gabrielle. Whatever strength that was holding me up on my feet soon began to fade as my knees suddenly began to wobble.