Ten

Harry's POV

I splashed the cool water on my face, before reaching for the towel next to my sink. As I brought my face up to the mirror, I sighed and placed the hand towel back down. I had no regret of what I had just told Eliana. She needed to know that I couldn't promise her a fairy tale ending which she so required and wants. After Valerie, I promised myself I wouldn't fall victim to another relationship and leave myself vulnerable. That being said though, there was this feeling of happiness I started to notice whenever Eliana and I would spend some time together. We haven't had much real talks but I did enjoy her company, enough to defend her at least.

What Bridgette said to her was absolutely unacceptable. At that point, I was already pissed from my meeting with my father, so it didn't go well with me when I found my "mistress"vharassing my future wife. I felt an urge of protectiveness wash over me when I saw Eliana with Bridgette. She didn't look too troubled but regardless, I wanted to be there for her.

Despite me wanting to be there for her, though, I knew I couldn't lead her on and have her fall in love with me when I couldn't give her anything in return. Not now at least, but I secretly hoped that maybe, in the future, I would be able to love her as she deserves. Hopefully now, she'd be able to be okay with my friendship.

Sighing, I made my way out of the bathroom and into my bedroom. The lonely room greeted me the same way it did throughout these years. I glanced about my room and thought to myself.

Would Eliana be sleeping here? Or would she continue to sleep in her chambers once we were married...or I mean, as our bedrooms are right next to each other, I could just knock down the wall and turn it into one huge room.

I shook my head, climbing into my bed. These are thoughts for a later day. Right now, I want to sleep.

~~

I was woken by a slight shaking. Furrowing my eyebrows, I made the reluctant move to peel open my eyes and look up at the source of the shaking. I sat up as I took in the figure in front of me.

Eliana stood at the edge of my bed, dressed in a silk robe above her nightgown. Her hair was pinned up and her cheeks were flushed. Her face held a look of worry which caused me to sit up.

"Eliana," I said, "what's wrong?"

Instead of replying, she glanced down at my chest and then back up. Frowning, I looked down to discover myself without a shirt, as it was how I usually sleep. I chuckled and reached over to the other side of my bed and pulled on my white shirt. Buttoning up the buttons, I stood up from bed and faced her.

"You do realize you're going to have to see me naked eventually, hmm?" I teased. She blushed and looked down. I found myself wanting to smile at her shyness. It was kinda cute.

"Now," I mumbled, trying to wake myself up,"what can I do for you this wonderful morning?"

"There's a rat in my room," she whispered. I rose an eyebrow and crossed my arms. As much as I found her to be a wonderful friend, I did not appreciate her waking me up at what most likely was early in the morning, to tell me about a rat problem.

"I know I shouldn't be waking you," she mumbled, "but I truly cannot sleep. I'm scared that it will infect me."

"Infect you?" I smirked, walking towards her. She shifted a bit and nodded.

"Yes," she replied. I chuckled and nodded before moving around her. I smiled to myself as I walked - or stumbled - towards the door. Opening it, I took one step out into the hallway before turning around to look at a scared and sleepy Eliana.

"You coming?" I asked. She shook her head and took a seat on my bed defiantly.

"I'll stay here until you take care of it," she whispered. I sighed and looked at her.