↷ ONE

''What the hell is with all the giggles?''

As another group of teens came into the room in a roar of cheers, laughter and good vibes all around, Courtney Crimson leans over to her desk with a knowing smirk.

''Didn't you hear? Bryce Walker is hosting a party after the game,'' She shrugs her shoulders. ''You know, for when they win.''

She furrows her brows. ''Don't they always win their basketball games?''

Courtney jerks back into her seat, her bottom lips pushed out, pursed. ''No.. It's a baseball game.''

Her features dropped in realization of the difference, though that didn't stop the brunette from shaking her head and snapping her fingers at her.

''Get with the program, Dev.''

She shrugs her shoulder while opening her binder. ''Still, what's the big deal?''

Courtney looked away from her essentials to hang her head to the side, her chocolate eyes boring at her. ''Seriously? Have you been living under a rock this whole time?''

Peering away, she shakes her head softly.

''It's the first game of the season.''

That's when it clicked.

She doesn't know why, but apparently occasions like those are one of the biggest reasons to celebrate.

''You should come.''

Her curly brunette locks shift softly when looking back at Courtney.

Devin smiles gently and shakes her head. ''Uh, no thanks. I can only handle but so much with people during the day. I don't want to see what everyone turns into when it's night.''

She rolls her eyes playfully. ''We're not werewolves, Devin.''

Courtney sighs and shrugs her shoulders, her gaze trained on her acutely detailed set of notes. ''But, whatever floats your boat.''

After spending the first two hours in Ms. Montgomery's class, the third bell had rang and Devin Greene was one of those few kids who were out the door faster than you could blink.

Too fast for her own good.

''Fuck,'' She hissed when two of her notebooks fell from her grasp.