↷ TWELVE

‘’Let’s take this shit home, Liberty Tigers!’’

The students in the hall had cheered with little tattoos of the school’s mascot printed on their cheekbone along with other ones that contained various catch phrases like, ‘’Let’s Go!’’ or ‘’Tigers!’’.

It was a Friday and you know what that means?

Game Day.

A day where everyone is in a good mood, filled with teen spirit. Today is that sort of day where whatever rumors and or drama spreaded about the student body was set aside for this one day, this one night for the game.

It’s been a tradition that sort of went unspoken at Liberty High, but it had a sense of understanding and acknowledgment.

‘’Any plans tonight, M’dam?’’ Jeff had asked, leaning against the set of lockers that were conjoined next to Devin’s. ‘’You know, that doesn’t include cheering at the game?’’

She smiled at him, noticing the wordplay he had chosen and decided to play along. ‘’No, my good sir, and I think you know that I don’t have nothing going on after tonights game.’’

He bit down on his bottom lip. ‘’I was thinking-’’

‘’Hun, it’s okay,’’ She nods her head, resting a gentle touch on his arm for reassurance. ‘’You get to go through life with your looks. You offend people like Clay and I when you use your head.’’

She pets his chin when he pouts and smiles.

‘’I was thinking,’’ He repeats. ‘’Come over.’’

She turns away from her locker with furrowed brows.

‘’Or, I can come over. Which ever works.’’

She shrugged her shoulders and smirks. ‘’Okay.’’

One thing both, Devin Greene and Jeff Atkins admired about their status is even as they develop into more of a relationship category, it still feels like the good friends they are, just with more flirtatious and emotional perks.

The two had looked up when the first bell began to ring, the noise echoing all throughout the entire building.

As Devin slammed her locker shut, Jeff had asked, ‘’See you third bell?’’

‘’See you.’’

The school day was flying faster than time itself with how smoothly the first two classes of the day had went, that Devin couldn’t hardly believe how quick her third class came.