↷ THIRTY ONE

''One hour-''

''One hour-''

Ms. Wisnewski fixes his belt buckle before dropping into the seat of the spinning computer chair. ''No talking and no laughing. This hour is spent to reflect on whatever horrid actions you caused today.''

Devin had her chin resting in her hand as she rolls her eyes. Mr. Wisnewski was a man who was around his sixties, possibly mere seventies. It was a miracle that the students haven't given him a heart attack, much less convinced him to retire already.

It wasn't a full five minutes before he fell asleep with his head hanging back and his mouth gaping apart to allow the obnoxious row of snores bounce off of the walls of the quiet classroom.

Jeffery Atkins sat in the row next to Devin's, but two seats back. He kept eyeing the back of her head with his fingers tapping against the wooden desk nervously.

Clearly, he didn't think too far into the plan. So far, he's been winging it.

How do you approach someone that was once approachable?

''Damn it,'' She hissed. Devin looks up from her phone to those who were also sitting in the detention room with her. But there wasn't that many students. ''Does anyone have a charger on them?''

The three other kids in the class shook their heads and return to their device, allowing Devin to sulk in her seat.

''Uh,'' He sputters out. ''I have one.''

Which wasn't an entire lie, he had the wire and the box outlet sitting in his book bag.

Devin didn't even bother to turn to him when scoffing. She stuffs her phone in her pocket and then folds her arms on the table, resting her head on them.

As she was going down, Jeff couldn't help the silent pleads in his head, 'Please don't arch your back, please don't arch your back, plea-'

As a natural flex of her body, that Devin, herself couldn't control nor much knew about, her back arched when resting her head. Even her shirt rose a little, exposing a small portion of skin that allowed cold air to hit her skin.

Devin removed an arm to lower her shirt down.

There goes winging it. Devin had left Jeff no choice but to limit himself down to plan b.

He rises from his seat and carries the chair over to where Devin sat.

The brunette sat up just as he dropped into the metal chair planted next to her.