↷ SEVENTEEN

‘’Jeff

‘’Jeff.’’

Jeffrey Atkins continued walking down the hall and past Devin Greene with Chelsea Cunnings by his side.

The brunette took a step back from her locker and calls out much louder, earning more attention than she intended. ‘’Jeff!’’

He turns back to her with wide eyes, as if this was his first time noticing since the morning began. Chelsea had turned back, agaped as if some fish out of whatever that doesn’t know what to say.

Devin cocks a brow at him, her looks explicitly expressing her confusion.

Chelsea leans forward and pats his arm. ‘’I’ll see you around, Jeff.’’

He let’s her walk off without another word spoken. Her blue wide eyes remained on Devin who faltered into a meek grin, her arms folded across her chest.

‘’Ah,’’ He blurts out with a breathy sigh. ‘’Bonita,’’ He walks up to her and gripped onto her cheek and pressed his lips against her temple. ‘’I didn’t see you there.’’

‘’It’s fine, hun,’’ She breathes out her smile into a more genuine. She had many questions for her boyfriend on that Wednesday morning, but her curious thoughts created personal paranoia.

Like for instance, how distance he was the day before. Once, Study Hall came to it’s end, it was like trying to talk to a brick wall. Even after school, when she was texting him, it started off as one word responses before it slowly and surely became a one person conversation starring Devin Greene and only her.

And now he’s roaming the halls with Chelsea Cunnings?

Something was going on and she wanted to know.

She had enough faith in Jeff to know that he wouldn’t cheat,- the thought wasn’t even considered an option.

‘’So, uh,’’ She shrugs her shoulders, her smile remaining. ‘’What was all that about?’’

‘’Oh,’’ He jerked back and pointed a thumb towards down the hall. ‘’With Chelsea? I just had a quick question about something we learned in Geometry.’’

‘’Uh huh,’’ She nods. ‘’I was thinking, since Hannah had gotten the job at the theater, why don’t we go out tonight and catch her and Clay during their shift as a little congrats?’’

‘’Can’t,’’ Jeff shoots down. ‘’My parents won’t let me out tonight.’’

She tilts her head to the side, her smile wavering only little by little. ‘’Oh, really?’’