↷ EIGHTEEN

‘’I need to talk to you

‘’I need to talk to you.’’

Her dull brown eyes that filled with concern and determination scanned the faces of Zach Dempsey, Montgomery de la Cruz, Marcus Cole and Bryce Walker that stood next to Justin Foley, also known as Devin Greene’s next source of information.

‘’Alone,’’ She clarifies in a lower tone.

Bryce had slapped a hand on his chest and playfully gawked at the girl. ‘’I am truly hurt. Atkins isn’t the man that could own up to the plate and you run to Justin Foley?’’

‘’Hey, fuck off, man,’’ Justin shrugs him off. He looks back at Devin and nods his head. ‘’Uh, sure. Lead the way.’’

She had gripped onto both straps of her bag and pulled them tight against her, to the point where she could feel the pressure of her notebooks and binders on her back and lost pencils resting on top of her butt.

She turns around and starts walking, the speed reasonable as to where Justin wouldn’t lost her in the sea of peers that consumed the halls.

As Justin had followed her trail, Devin couldn’t help but feel uncomfortable at those who turned to her with either smiles or glares. She wasn’t sure what either had meant, but as the day was coming close to it’s end, they all seemed to have the same meaning.

‘’Why are you taking me to Patricks office?’’ He asked with his head jerked back. He reached out for the door Devin had swung open and didn’t have the courtesy of holding.

She walked up to the coach's desk and turned at the heel of her foot, leaning her back side against the wooden structure until her bottom landed on the edge of the desk.

‘’What the hell is going on?’’ She hissed. The sides of her temple were pounding so hard and so fast that if she were to press a finger against the thumping skin, she would actually feel the intense pressure.

Justin had a small smile playing at his lips as he held his arms out from his side. ‘’What are you talking about?’’

‘’Everybody is looking at me.’’

He furrows his brows, his pearly white never ceasing, it’s only growing. ‘’Everybody looks at everybody.’’

‘’No,’’ She throws her head back and whines, dragging her out the vowel. She looks at the boy who looked back at her with humor and sighs. ‘’These past two days is different. Literally everyone is looking and they’re talking.’’