↷ EIGHT

''You wanted to see me, Ms

''You wanted to see me, Ms. Antilly?''

Ms. Antilly looked up at the brunette with a wide smile while Montgomery de la Cruz turn his hide to the side to see who was the next person to step into that office, Monday morning.

''Yes, I did actually,'' She assures before pointing at the available seat next to Montgomery. ''Please, have a seat.''

Letting the door to the guidance counsellors office close behind her, she drops her back against her chair and took a seat.

''Atkins girl?'' He blurts out of disbelief. ''Seriously, Antilly?''

''Ms. Antilly,'' She corrects, that same lively smile remaining on her features.

Fiddling with her fingers on her lap, she questions through a nervous chuckle, ''What's going on?''

''Montgomery over here, has slipped himself into quite a situation,'' She hinted.

Devin's gaze landed on the cast wrapped around his left leg and the crunches that were on the floor, beside Ms. Antilly's desk.

''Which is?'' She continues to questions, her gaze lingering on his cast before peering back at the guidance counselor.

''Given that he can't play on Friday's game and his grades aren't exactly spot on,'' She takes a deep breath. ''I was wondering, if you could help him out academically wise.''

Devin let's a scoff out. ''I'm sorry, but why me?''

''Well,'' She straightens her posture and let's out a sigh. ''You weren't exactly the first person on the list that I called in here for this particular situation.''

She furrows her brows. ''You have a list?''

Montgomery sat there zoned out, but even he nodded his head along with Ms. Antilly.

''Whose next on the list?''

She takes a quick glance at her computer before saying, ''Clay Jensen.''

She winced. She knew the two wouldn't work as duo, there was just no possible way.

Pursing her lips, she asks, ''What would I get out of this?''

Montgomery looks away with a scoff.

She tilts her head to the side, a little hum muzzled from her throat from deep in thought. ''Let's see..''