↷ FIFTY

''And

''And.. Go.''

''Pass the corn.''

Jeff face palms his forehead while Devin threw her head back with a groan. It's been three weeks since Matthew Greene and Caleb Otero confirmed with one another that they had feelings for each other. The real hard part, letting other people know.

Thankfully, Matthew had an older sister like Devin who helped him with baby steps.

First, he was going to announce his sexuality at the family dinner tonight.

Apparently, Jacob Greene is making another attempt of making small family gatherings after hearing about Alyssa Greene's near death experience.

Though this was the first dinner Jeff cordially got to meet the whole family, Devin was focused more on Matthew's news.

''Matthew,'' She flares her nostrils. ''seriously, you can do this. Think about it, the only important person you're telling, really is mom. Dad and Violet are just bystanders.''

He shakes his head. ''So why can't I just wait till I'm with mom?''

''Because part of coming out, bystanders are going to know,'' Jeff explains to him. ''Whether you like it or not. You need to learn how to accept that everyone is going to respond differently.''

''Okay,'' Matthew consistently nods his head. ''Okay, I got this.''

''Great,'' Devin clapped her hands together. ''Now, what are you going to say?''

Jeff Atkins and Devin Greene was sitting in Devin's bedroom on her bed while Matthew stood before them as if he was presenting an informal presentation. Both boy were dressed up in a nice shirt and jeans while Devin wore a black turtle neck long sleeve and a tan corduroy skirt.

He takes a deep breath. ''I'm gay.''

His smile had grown with Devin's as he repeats. ''I'm gay.''

''We're ready.''

''Guys!'' Alyssa called from downstairs. ''Let's go.''

× × ×

''Devin, Matthew!'' Violet cheers as soon as she opens the front door to her apartment complex, completely subsiding Alyssa's presence. ''It's so good to see you guys again.''

Matthew stares back at her blankly while Devin peers away, sucking her lips into a straight line.

''Uh,'' She clasped her hands together, her gaze flickering over to Jeff. ''This must the boyfriend your dad mentioned.''