↷ NINE

''X equals six, right?''

Montgomery de la Cruz looks up from his studies after a moment of silence.

He caught her lost in a daze towards the opening part of their corner where people would usually appear.

More importantly, where Jeff Atkins would appear, given he wasn't attending Study Hall that Tuesday morning.

But from the looks of it, Devin wasn't going to see him no time soon. Yet, she had hope.

Too much for her own good.

Montgomery leans over to as much of his  ability and waves a hand in front of her face. ''Earth to Dev, anybody home?''

Her gaze shifts over to him, her features never changing. ''Yeah, sorry.''

Swiping her tongue across her bottom lip, she sucks it in between her teeth and nods her head. ''Yeah. Yeah, x is six.''

He let's a sigh fall from his lips. ''Admit it already.''

She looks back at him and furrows her brows. ''Admit what?''

''That you like him!'' He exclaims, causing her to roll her eyes and lean back into her seat. ''The sooner you admit it, the sooner you can take action.''

''I'm not talking about this again,'' She prompts while foldong her arms across her chest.

He licks his lips, his eyes scanning over her features. ''Arlight. If you don't like Atkins, than you wouldn't mind giving me a kiss.''

Her eyes went wide. ''What?''

He shrugs his shoulders. ''What? I thought you didn't like Atkins?''

''Just because I don't like Jeff, doesn't mean that I like you.''

''And what can a kiss be worth?'' He counters. ''It's not like it's gonna mean anything towards the both of us.''

She gnaws on her bottom lip. ''I don't know, Montgomery.''

''Come,'' He guides towards the available seat next to him.

She didn't want to prove his point and give him the advantage of being right, so she pushes herself out of her seat and walk around the table until she's seated next to him.

She cocks a brow and holds up a finger. ''One kiss?''

He smirks. ''One kiss.''